down button problems

hogue480

There are only three screws securing the board.  The down button corner does not have one.  

The Hana's battery is tightly packed in there so if the wires aren't routed just the right way it puts pressure on the board and triggers the down button.  

If you take off the back and try moving the battery leads around, hopefully, with some trial and error you should be able to close it without pressing the button and be alright.

ok well i tried loosening the bottom screw with no luck, so i loosened all three screws just to see, and no luck. has any one ever heard of the on board tac switches failing? or is there any way that the switch could be shorting out? i hate to send it back after just getting the screen fixed, but may be my only option.

thanks folks

I've had the down button stick on me and with the 40 as well. I can only guess it was faulty assembly on my part. Pulling off the down button does help I tested the button after it was off and it worked so in my case it was a number of three things that caused it, 1. fumes from the glue 2. Crappy solder iron 3. Some of the wires strands fell on to the board and shorted something out. It worked for a week then the problem came back again so now it's junk