How Many Folks Want a Single 18650 version of the DNA200

BobC

I've not taken my 200 past 60 watts yet, stay in the 20-30 range.  Mainly build for flavor, but it's nice to know my mod has much more headroom if I choose to use it.  Using a 3d print copy of the reference case with the fullymax 900mah battery, I'm easily getting two days out of use.  I've also got a mod that's extremely pocketable, with a great chipset behind it.   I can't say that about the 100's of budget mod's flooding in from China..

Not saying a 1S variant is useless, but maybe I only use my 3s like a 1s :)

BobC I seen where u said something about it being difficult to change a 3s. ...like Turbo said it's easily changeable. ....as easy as an 18650. ....It just plugs in....u could have as many extras as u want....simply unplug dead battery and plug in the charged one.....

Scoopy, have you looked at Turbo's work? How he designed the 3s 600?  Not so easy, I haven't seen the insides on his 2s design, so that's why I asked him.

The size of the current DNA40 devices currently use are not much bigger then an 18650 bat plus a bottle:

[KW847bK] 

That's what I'm looking to stay with, with the features of the DNA200

actually replacing the battery is very easy, but carrying spare T-cell configured packs wouldn't be so easy, at least not in a pocket. probably not the best idea to carry spare lipo's in your pocket anyway :) I made it easy to switch between the small 600 pack and a 1000 pack, it works great with the 1000 pack too but it's just too fat :)

a more conventional stacked pack would be easier to carry spares than the funky T configured one so I wasn't planning on making spare T packs, but it could def be done. also compact designs can be done with the 600's in a more easy to carry standard stacked pack design if battery swapping is a big concern I guess, but it's hard in your case when your going through 6 18650's in a day swapping the 18650's and charging the 18650's is of course easier still, in the end everything is a trade-off :) 

BobC.....yes I've seen his work...remember I was the one that told you about them in this thread...Like Turbo said it is very easy to change them but also like he said the T shaped battery could be a little awkward in your pocket but still very easy to change.....I hope u haven't thought I've been trying to be argumentative. ..I've just been trying to help and show u that u can get the features u want in the size u want without losing the full power by dropping down to a 2 cell configuration. I love Turbos work and am hoping he does a 3d print squonk model so I can get one of them beauties..I don't really see a point in making a 60 watt DNA when like John said all u have to do is limit your settings in escribe and BAM u can have any size DNA mod u want with as many (up to 3s) or as few (dual 18650) as u want.....hence making the mod anything u want and still having all the benefits of escribe and all the features of the 200.....I'm sure this is one of the reasons that it's not a top priority for John atm.......Hope u decide on something that makes u happy and fits all your needs.....I'd be glad to answer any questions and help in any way I can.

scoopy the dna200 won't work with only one cell, if it did then Bob would be golden, the 18650 is a very easy and compact way to power mods and I def see Bob's point and agree, I would also love to see a single 18650 dna60 myself tbh, but since I can't actually do anything about it I'm just trying to work with what we got, but I still agree 100% that a single cell lower power chip with escribe functionality would be the best bet for bottom feeders and would probably be an even bigger demand item than the dna200's overall

I would think in the future we will see something like this, evolv sure isn't about going backwards so really I'd say it's just a matter of time, but really the dna200 is just about ready as a brand new product and the dna40 is still less than a year old, it'll probably be about a year before we actually see something like this, and I'm so spoiled right now with the 200 that I'm not willing to wait, so for now smaller lipo's are where it's at.  

My bad...I guess I misread somewhere.....I thought u could still lower the wattage enough for a single cell to work but then it just hit me that they just in the last few weeks added the option to drop to 2 cells...I wonder If the chip Is actually capable Of running 1 cell if implemented into escribe...I hear that though...I to am spoiled as hell with this chip and am absolutely loving it.Im still hoping something pops up on shapeways that allows me to build a squonker and still have a decent sized 3s so I can still have the full power. ...I run real low resistance fused and alien Claptons as well as intricate nickel builds that require lots of wattage to get the vape I like.I just don't have the equipment to build my own boxes. ..Again I love your mods uve made! They are so good looking and compact

Scoop, saw them way before he posted here, it's why I was talkin to him, I appreciate the alternatives offered, but I'm looking for small, a single easily replaceable 18350 is all I want, size over power is everything to me, though that 3s config is replaceable, I wouldn't try it walking through Wall street, which is what I do every day

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...random thought here...how about something like 950mah 3s, in P or P+ size box (which is pretty compact...and bump charge it through the day with something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G0AMUE8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02

Drill out a hole or two to set the bottle up against the wall and the board as close to the wall as possible.  Cut the wires off the pack short and use bullet connectors and that should save some space. Maybe move the screen to the back and flush mount.  Not saying it wouldn't be tight, but you should be able to squeeze it all in, depending on the size bottle you try to use. (See attached pic for simple interior shot with a 950mah 3s and a510 on a P box)

[gMebS24] 

Then through out the day, just plug it into that lil' Battery Charger, which is small in it's own right (3.5 x 1.7 x 1.7 inches)...shouldn't be any more inconvienent then carrying the 5-6 batteries you say you go through a day...I know when I was running that 950mah as a temp battery, I could make it through 5-10ml on it, @ 40W and ~450F...if you are only running 20-30, it should last you even longer.  One thing to keep in mind with Lipos, they don't have the voltage drop 18650s do, so they tend to last a little longer ;)

Just a thought for ya...