Titanium TCR temps way off

UKDTweak

Hi, im new to the DNA200 having just build my own mod lastnight.
I have been using Titanium wire for a few weeks on my DNA40 mods, typically 3-5 wraps, 3mm dia, around .2 - .29 ohms.

I currenlty have a coil in my Lemo 2, its a .2ohm and on my DNA 40 i vape at 30w and 175c.

I have set Profile 1 as Titanium and Profile 2 as NI200.
I have been on steam engine and downloaded the CSV for TI wire and added it to my TI profile, but when i vape the lemo 2 i need to set the temp to 250c to get anywhere close to the same vape i get on the DNA40 mods.
I set profile 2 active (NI200) and set it to 175c and i can get the same great vape i get off my DNA40 mod.

Any reason for this, i thought with the right TCR the temps should be accurate and therefore 250c should be burning my cotton?

Think i have it figured out, i had used the Wire Wizard on steam engine to download the .csv for TI wire, but i see there is a link in the top left of the page for an older version called TCR Calculator, so i loaded it and got a fresh .csv from that page and loaded it to my TI profile and now it seems much better.

Probably not relevant but I figured I would throw it out there just in case. I originally was using the CSV file I got from Steam-engine/wire-wizard and I was getting a lot of variations from each "puff"

I believe my problem was that I was using a TCR for a grade 1 titanium but my coil was the .5mm from SSV which is a grade 1 titanium. Now just from looking at the TCR values there wasn't all the big of a difference but it seems to have helped now that I am using the CSV file that SSV provided.

Don't use SSV wire, it's not grade 1 and they make false claims of taking Grade 2 and converting into something purer than Grade 1 which is ridiculous.

Also, if you're getting a decent vape with 175C then it's your Ni that is inaccurate; at 175C you should barely be getting any vapour at all.

I did  not get my wire from ssv? i got it from crazy wire company and i am Not using NI200... im only using grade 1 titanium wire.
175c is what i run TI wire at on the DNA40... as it does not have the TCR for TI wire... so you have to lower the temp to compensate...

So i have rebuilt the coil on my Lemo 2 as i think it was maybe unstable as it was vaping great till i let it go to sleep for 30 minutes, then i started get dry hits again...
Now the new coil was made from the same 24awg TI... is around the same .2ohms and im getting a great vape at 160c.. any higher and i get dry/burnt hits... im really not impressed with this DNA200 and TI wire, i just vapes so much better in NI200 Mode using TI wire...???

I have a friend who is finding the exact same experience... TI wire works better when using the NI200 TCF and lower temps then when using the TI TCR and "correct" temps.

Lemo 2 has an intermediate connection between the airflow base and the build deck.  I've had some problems with it also if that connection is not rock solid stable. You can try removing the airflow base, cleaning those connections, push the 510 pin in the airflow base in so when you screw it together the connection is tight, make sure the screw connection underneath the deck is tight.

I hate attys with intermediate connections or adjustable pins lol.

Lately I've been using billow v2 for tanks and velocity for RDAs. Just gravitated to those choices -- Rock solid, no issues.

Cheers Mad, i figure its the atty, but id been running it fine on my DNA 40 for weeks without issue, but ive re coiled it now and will and will clean out the base as you say and see how it goes..

Its just odd that if i set my DNA200 into the Ni200 profile and lower the temp limit, it vapes much better...

I think you have no problem at all... Ni200 TCR and Ti1 TCR are different. On a dna board, Ti1 wire on Ni200 profile @175C is IIRC almost around 240C on Ti1 profile. IOW what you're experiencing is kind of expected. Or I completely misunderstood your post, in which case sorry for adding noise...

its not just about what the settings say, its how the vape feels... in NI mode the vape is far better and more enjoyable, no matter how high or low i set the temp with TI and the "Right TCR" its just either burnt or cold and weak, i cant find a sweet spot, reminds me of how NI200 coils used to be... where as the same coil used on the same mod but using the NI TCR, i can get a warmer more satisfying vape without getting dry or burnt hits... it like the TCR for TI is wrong or not working, now i know i can just keep teh mod in the NI profile, but it should have to be that way..

Lemo 2 has an intermediate connection between the airflow base and the build deck. 

Open up your Lemo2 and push the insulator and + pin out of the 510 threaded area. Reinstall both through the inside with the large part of the + pin toward the interior. The insulator has to go in very straight. 

For me this has fixed fluctuating resistance as well as others that have tried it.  

Podunk Steam said:

Lemo 2 has an intermediate connection between the airflow base and the build deck. 

Open up your Lemo2 and push the insulator and + pin out of the 510 threaded area. Reinstall both through the inside with the large part of the + pin toward the interior. The insulator has to go in very straight. 

For me this has fixed fluctuating resistance as well as others that have tried it.  
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks. (And I still hate attys with intermediate connections lol)

I was leery of the Lemo 2 before I bought them because of the originals positive connection and looking at the pictures. Hard to beat the fill method though.

Too many tanks out there with more parts to the + connections than needed in my opinion as well, just about everything with pre-built coils.

Edit: Just got my first Ti wire dry hit, don't bother with the Lemo 2 on TC! Ok, I haven't downloaded and installed from Steam Engine yet but have been running 100F shy of intended temp. Not sure I'll be trying that again!
Ignorance bit me on that one! Touch screen is a whole new ball game for me and this tiny Stream 7 I haven't got wired yet. 

I have 2 Lemo 2 tanks and 2 original Lemo's and have been using Ni200 on all of them for months without any issues and converted to Titanium a few weeks ago, also without issuse, though it does appear that the ohms are wandering on this particular Lemo 2 so so I have tried your suggestions and reversed that 510 pin and see if this helps it.

But again, none of this explains why the vape Feels better when the DNA is using the NI TCR instead of the proper TI TCR? It just hits harder.

Ok, update:

Since reversing the 510 pin on the Lemo 2, ive vaped through 2 full tanks at 230c, 40w, vaped till flavour and vapour dropped off and tanks empty... not dry hits, the coild res should be .2... occasionally its gone up to .21ohms, but otherwise looking Much better.

So Thanks Podunk for your tip... made me a happy vaper again.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Just got my first Ti wire dry hit, don't bother with the Lemo 2 on TC! Ok, I haven't downloaded and installed from Steam Engine yet but have been running 100F shy of intended temp. Not sure I'll be trying that again!

Looks like my Ti wire dry hit had nothing to do with the DNA 200 or its settings. The short portion of wire basically fell off the rest of the coil when I took the Lemo2 apart.
[IMG_20150921_195155_zps3ygivvds] 

I have been using a Lemo 2 on TC for months now with Ni200 and about 3 weeks on Titanium, even got a second one a few weeks ago, only time ive had a bad hit is when the ohms have been off due to selecting new coil when I should have said old, though my second Lemo 2 was rather jumpy at first on the DNA200 until I reversed the 510 pin in the base, now its spot on.