Alpinetech 1550p Build

chronzz

Hey guys heres my second attempt at a DNA 200 Mod, first mod was built in a Alpinetech 1590A and was too big for my taste. cuz i didn't have enough space for the 510 and the board in my box i soldered the positive of the board directly to the 510 connector and its working pretty good. take a look at the pic of it

Im using the following

• Alpinetech 1550P Link
  • FullyMax FB900HP-3S Link
  • (3) 1/4"x1/8" are for the lid, and (3) 1/8"x1/4" Link
  • Fatdaddyvapes 510 V4 - Low Profile Link
  • DNA200 v1 Faceplate + screen holder + buttons Link
  • putty for magnets
IMG_0366.jpg 
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg

Here is my first Mod

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

Nice work though not sure about the 510 positive, if thats soldered to the outter ring that secures the spring and 510 centre pin, you will be passing the power through the spring mostly and that in time may fail?
If you had put the board on the side you would have had a lot more room for the 510. I found the fat daddy too big for the 1550p hammond i used so went with the Varitube, it is shorter and narrower at the threads and base.

UKDTweak said:

Nice work though not sure about the 510 positive, if thats soldered to the outter ring that secures the spring and 510 centre pin, you will be passing the power through the spring mostly and that in time may fail?
If you had put the board on the side you would have had a lot more room for the 510. I found the fat daddy too big for the 1550p hammond i used so went with the Varitube, it is shorter and narrower at the threads and base.

ill keep an eye on it and i hope nothing happens. I've ran it through many different builds and temps to make sure it doesn't spin. but thanks for the suggestion. also i had both the fat daddy and varitube 510s and the fat daddy had more space to work with. so i went with the fat daddy one. 

p.s i didn't want it mounted on the side i wanted the fire button to be right by my thumb. that way when i hold the mod i just tap on the side of my thumb and it fires. :)

UKDTweak said:

Well its a very tidy build still, nicely done :)

Is that the Mamu faceplate, ive just ordered one for the CNC 1550p box im hoping to build, i tried to cut out the holes and screen etc but my template must have moved and they dont line up, so im hoping to save the box by using the faceplate.

Yep, good luck with the build. Post some pics when u done

i built mine using a mama faceplate but i filed it down to use as an internal mount for the board inside the box. now i see that mama makes a cradle for internal mounting wish it was out when i ordered mine a while back. i hate drilling the holes tho but hopefully when i get my drill press vise i can do it perfectly using end mills for downward cutting.