Kanger Subtank weirdness

Lipoid

Noticed whilst vaping my version 1 sub tank with the .5 vertical coils that the ohms was jumping,plugged into the EScribe & watched the live ohms.Was surprised to see the ohms rising as i vaped(about .05) & then drop as it cooled.
Checked my boxes connections(home built) & all seemed fine , checked some of my other Kanthal builds & cold Ohms was the same as i vaped(maybe .01 variation at the most).
Makes me wonder if the coils are Kanthal ?
Anyone else notice this?

• 2 weeks later...

I maybe be off base but it seems with most pre-built -- they tend to want to be used at cooler temps to be stable. As the previous poster suggested the silicon seal is probably the culprit.  That being said -- not much Kanger or any of the others can do if they want to keep the cost of those down.  Anytime you are wanting to go that big on the smoke -- build your own.  I have a kanger sub-tank with the RBA that works great.  It still fluctuates a bit but that is because I have a dual coil set up at .8 ohms in such a tiny space.  So the heating expands the small screws that anchor it.  But I have also been using it for a month and the cotton and the coil are still really clean.  It is nothing fancy on the coiling either.  It seems for most -- the simple work the best.  BTW -- I only pump at most 22 watts through that RBA.  I only put about 18 through the .5 ohm prebuilts.  It is not competition vapor -- but then again the subtanks are not meant to be.

I hope my experience helps.

Get some 28g nickel and use the rba. 8 wraps on 2.5mm should meter somewhere around .12. Check and recheck screws are tight! For whatever reason I only use this on Hana DNA 40s, on a vapor shark rdna 40 I use 7 wraps and meters out at .10 (on the device) and is perfect. 19ish watts at 430 and never hit temp control, great flavor and decent vapor. My Hana V200 is back in Illinois. I could not get anything to stay stable with the same exact tanks and builds. Hopefully when I get it back will be able to experiment with lower resistenses.