OK-It is NOT my hotcig battery giving the error.

Hi people-I tested out if it was the Li-Po giving me the check battery-warranty issue screen by changing Li-Po's. I soldered a new one in the battery holder-and am STILL getting the same error. 

Does anybody have any idea why this could be? 

I think the whole mod may actually have to go back, which is a shame, but I am certain it is the Li-Po, plus the working Li-Po is about 6 years old, but only taken around 10 or so charges in its life. 

So, if its not the battery-what could be causing the battery error message? 

Thanks everyone. 

6 years it is almost certainly knackered mate regardless of charge cycles, IIWU I would battle on with your current battery until the replacement arrives, but to replace I would go for the FullyMax Evolv sell, I think vapegeek.co.uk are getting some in the UK next month, or HobbyKing Turnegy 950 mAh which are an OK cheap battery, but some reports of them coming with faults.

Ok then mate, so both batteries are knackered? I gathered it probably would be at that age- but soldering out the old battery, putting in the new, and replacing the old has made it give up the ghost, even in escribe. It just says 'check atomizer' or 'check battery' now, so I am glad a replacement is on the way. 

Will be a few weeks, but I won't have to do no soldering as it is in its enclosure, and should work well. It is just going to be a long few weeks after experiencing the DNA200 and going back to a SIG150TC and Xcube 2 lol. 

And it is definitely the battery- it wont charge past 5 W/h's. It fluctuates from 4.97 to about 5.10, but will go no further, and when you try to fire the screen dims and lights as if it can't power the device enough to even keep it going, let alone heat a coil, and that's on USB. Not connected to USB it isn't even on. 

At least gear best will of shipped a battery tommorow (thats if they keep to their word, I THINK they will though. If not it will be a fastech order, but I think gearbest will warrant it as it;s in writing now.

digatel said:

Did you upgrade it to the recent firmware yet?

I did, but went back to the older firmware, but when I have the new battery I will sort it. 

I was doing some reading, and read that I need to use Zinc flux with my solder, so normal rosin core will not work no? Maybe that is why it would not work with the new(old) battery, and also the one it came with no more, as I used standard solder, tinned the wire and connection, then soldered, but guess it doesn't work properly.