Soft Cell Cutoff Value

Rune

Hi, got a Lavabox on Tuesday and noticed I'm getting week battery when I hit 40-50%. I've been in the Escribe SW and changed the Watt Hours to 9.9 as it has a 900mah 11.1v Lipo and I am planning on running the battery analyzer on the weekend.

One thing I noticed on the pbusardo video and some other screen shots is that the Soft Cell Cutoff is set to 3.09v whereas on mine it's 3.66v. Is it safe to set mine to 3.09 and would this be the reason why I'm getting the week battery warning? Or is it more likely that it's a fair bit lower than the advertised 900mah?

Just got my first DNA200, the LavaBox. I have seen this advise in another forum, and was looking for some opinions if it was worth changing a default setting. "there is one value I would make sure you change. The Evolv default for the soft battery cutoff is 3.09 in my honest opinion is too low and I have mine set to 3.2 (which is a value condoned by Brandon) just as if it was a standard 18650 battery. If you leave this low you can reduce the life of the battery (if your make and model battery doesn't like it). If you take my suggestion and set it to 3.2 volts the worst think that will happen is the battery will will power your device for a little shorter time than it possible could (we are not talking much time here) but your battery will love you for it and live to a ripe old age."

I changed mine to 3.09 as recommended and the battery performance is so much better now, I've not seen the weak battery warning and I had got it down to 19%.

I'll trust to people's advice that it's safe to have that setting, so I suppose it comes down to whether you want the device to last longer between recharges or whether you want the battery to last fro longer for swapping it. Considering the price of lipo batteries I'll go for longer times before recharges