Multiple TC atty's w/ similar (but not same) cold resistance?

bmclaurin

How are you guys dealing with this scenario? Setup separate profile for each atty?

I haven't set up separate profiles yet, and what I'm finding is that if I put on a new atty with a similar (but not the same) resistance as the previous atty, it won't recognize it as a new coil. I guess I could change my ohm lock range to something other than the default 25%, but I'd rather not have to do that.

I guess if I let the new atty sit on the device idle for a few minutes, the chip will eventually adjust the cold resistance downward (since I tend to not lock my ohms), but that doesn't help for the first few minutes after the new atty is attached and I want to start vaping it right away.

I think this thread may help. I had a similar question about what the ohm lock range exactly does. https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67982-topic/?do=findComment&comment=911752 Reduce your ohm lock range to a low enough percentage so it asks when you change attys. How far apart are your attys in resistance? Mine tend to run less than 10% difference for an "identical" build. I don't care if it asks every time I remove and replace an atty as long as it asks every time I change attys, so a low percentage range works well for me.

Excellent info. Thanks for the link and suggestion. My TC builds tend to settle in somewhere in the .10-.12 range, and I have probably 6 or so atty's in the rotation at any given time in that range. Like you, I would prefer it to ask me *every* time I attach one. I've had a few too many of the--as you said--"warm" hits lol. I'm going to drop my lock range to something quite low, maybe 1% even, and see how that works for a while.

Thanks for the clarification. Should it give me the "new coil? (y/n)" prompt, assuming the cold resistance of the new coil differs by an amount that exceeds the ohm lock range that I have set in eScribe? I haven't been getting that prompt, so I've been assuming it was continuing with the most recent reading from the previous atty. I assumed the reason I wasn't getting the prompt is that I had not changed my ohm lock range from the default of 25% (even though most of my atty's differ by an amount less than that).

As another point of view . . . (which I copy from the other thread -- not my original thoughts lol) If the new atty is within the ohm lock range of the previous atty it won't ask and it assumes it's the same atty. If the new atty would have to be colder than -100 or hotter than 800 degrees F given the old atty cold resistance and the TFR curve in use, it won't ask and it assumes it's a different atty. Else it will ask. If you want it to ask for different attys that are close in resistance, reduce the ohm lock range.

VapingBad said:

I just tried a few with range set to 35.16% 0.06 to 0.12 go prompt, 0.09 to 0.10 still got prompt
With range set to 20% 0.09 to 0.06 got prompt, 0.06 to 0.12 got prompt

That is odd behavior. I actually want mine to do just that lol. The second set makes sense (note that according to evolv, the TFR is also a dependent variable when describing behavior of ohms lock range when it assumes a new atty). 0.09 to 0.06 is a drop of 33% so it should ask. 0.06 to 0.12 is an increase of 100% so it should ask. The first set I don't get. 0.06 to 0.12 is an increase of 100% it should ask, so that's ok. 0.09 to 0.10 is an increase of about 11% so it should not ask. Odd. I set it to 5% and it prompts. But that's exactly what I want it to do.

I think I have seen it explained both ways at various times, but I think that recently they added disconnect into the mix so if it knows you change the atty your chances go up, but it is not every time, perhaps work in progress.  I would rather have it displayed too often than not enough.