VT200 Serial Numbers

The Chosen One

dont know for sure but, its most likely a gold plating over the new ss 510. they wouldnt gold plate the brass 510. people would be pissed if they were told they were getting a new ss 510 only to find out they just covered the brass up lol. IMO im not a huge fan of this ss 510. i think the spring could be stiffer and also the center pin is an odd design with some sort of shiny plating (gold?). cant complain tho, got two new silver ones for the price of one.

Yeah you can't beat 2 for 1. Lol The material of the 510 isn't that big of a deal for me either but I did hear rumors that the new ones would have a true 1300mah in it. I did notice the strange look of the pin. Mine almost looks like a clear cover. I'll put it under my digital microscope and snap some pics of it to get a good look. So the two you have, are they both the new version? If not any chance you could snap a pic of the 510s side by side?

Michael Hancock said:

Here are 3 shots of the 510. It looks like a rubber seal of some type.
Maybe to keep juice from going in the case?

I got the same exact plastic-like coating on my 510. Brass thread version from Eciggity my serial is 0763. Is not everyone's like this??? I posted the question on ECF and got one guy saying his 510 is coated too.