Vape quality and hit change after wake up.

HybridFGSI

Hello, I just got in to temp builds, I have built a dual 24g titanium 8 wraps on a kennedy rda, when I put the rda on the device I get .12ohms and have it set to 90 watts, 400 degree's, the flavor is great and so is vapor production, then I let the device go to sleep, wake it up, all readings show the same but I am getting next to no vapor and next to no flavor, I ran the atomizer analyzer and am showing the same reading after wake up (within a few .xx3) but the vape quality changes massively, can someone help point me in the right direction as to what I am doing wrong?

HybridFGSI said:

Hello, I just got in to temp builds, I have built a dual 24g titanium 8 wraps on a kennedy rda, when I put the rda on the device I get .12ohms and have it set to 90 watts, 400 degree's, the flavor is great and so is vapor production, then I let the device go to sleep, wake it up, all readings show the same but I am getting next to no vapor and next to no flavor, I ran the atomizer analyzer and am showing the same reading after wake up (within a few .xx3) but the vape quality changes massively, can someone help point me in the right direction as to what I am doing wrong?

Do you have the ohms lock on?

I had a similar issue a while back. I somehow locked in the wrong 'cold resistance' so when I left the atty it fell below the locked in resistance and I got poor vapour output until the coil warmed up.

Could be wrong but 8 wraps of 24g Ti seems like the resistance should be lower than that.  If the device reads the resistance higher than it really is, it will allow it to get hotter than it should.  I ran into this rebuilding subtank coils.  Itd read. 4 when first hooked up but I'd pulse it really quick and then I'd lock it in at. 30 or. 27 or some shit.  Might have just been the grommit on the coils or the ipv4.  Still don't know 

I see the same issue quite often with it. Next time it happens either unplug the battery if possible or do a hard reset in escribe. That seems to fix the issue for me. For some reason I was thinking that maybe if you wake the device when it is doing a refinement it causes this issue. Just a guess. Because of this issue I always lock in my cold resistance so then it will not refine when sleeping. Seems to be constant when I do this.

Here is another possibility. Ive noticed if in escribe I have a profile set to 420f. Then when using the device I bump up the degrees to 480, through the mod ,when I switch batteries (hard reset) the temperature goes back to the 420 that was last set in escribe. So is it possible that when the device sleeps and gets woken up it reverts back to the stored temp of 420 even though the screen is showing the temp you bumped up to? Just another guess.

Droopydroors said:

Here is another possibility. Ive noticed if in escribe I have a profile set to 420f. Then when using the device I bump up the degrees to 480, through the mod ,when I switch batteries (hard reset) the temperature goes back to the 420 that was last set in escribe. So is it possible that when the device sleeps and gets woken up it reverts back to the stored temp of 420 even though the screen is showing the temp you bumped up to? Just another guess.

Once you've adjusted the temp setting on the mod double click power up/down (power must be locked) until the profile name/custom screen is displayed then press fire button to store the new settings to the profile. Then it won't revert to previous settings on battery change.

every time its happened to me its been a loose coil screw or dry wick in a tank atty, 
also the heavier guage I go on the wire I can clearly see the wires to big for the screw and the screw just backs off a bit of a turn, specialy after a bit of use, heat going through it ect

• 2 weeks later...

I had issues with heat transfer from my hands while building.Ti resistance curve is affected even if its off a lil bit when base resistance is set. After I made my build I'd fire it and let it sit and refine. Then tune the temp to your liking. I find it works best.