Proper Battery Conditioning

jj6404

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered to death but I could not find the info on a search. So I just got my Hcigar VT200 and I'm wondering what the proper discharge/recharge procedures are to properly condition the lipo. 

Do you do complete discharge/recharge cycles for the first few cycles?

Is a complete discharge considered using it until you get the weak battery message at like 16% or using it until it just won't fire anymore like <16%?

If the aforementioned "cycles" are completed, is it then ok to "top off" and charge the battery whenever you want?

like bmclaurin said ..

plus

if you want a longer battery life..(lipo don't like deep discharge and overcharge ) use the escribe software and set the proper settings

first capacity of hcigar is 9.99 wh 3-cell
cell soft cutoff put that at 3.7  (you can go down to 3.2 to get more batterie time vaping.. but the lower you go the shorter the batterie life total will be )(check rc forums about lipo cell cutoff)
Also if you set charging mode at maximize Recharges cells are not going to be charge over 4.1 wich also increase battery life.....

also for hcigar vt200

mod Resistance is 0.0045 ohm

have fun!

9.99? I know that is the default evolv setting but I've heard around 11 wh and 14 wh depending on believing the lipo is a 1300 or 1100 mah battery. Right now I have it set to a 1100 mah lipo with a 3.09 cutoff. I figure I'll get a good amount of cycles before I have to replace it right?

Well the hcigar is really a 900mah battery ... they sell it as a 1300mah but its a lie. (here is the video part of Pbusardo on youtube saying so : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vNJRT0uh4&feature=youtu.be&t=1h5m45s ) also user experience here on forums .. and the size of the battery physically .. its imposible its a 1300mah.

and for the cell cuttoff you can use 3.09 if you want but as i learned trough RC hobbyist this will shorten battery life considerably ... you will just have to change battery more often :)

I watched Phil's video. I don't have time to re-watch it right now, but from what I remember, he noted that he incorrectly assumed that Hcigar had the correct battery settings in escribe on the first batches. And that was why his analysis yielded the result equivalent to a 900 mah battery. From what I've heard/read, it is closer to a 1100 mah lipo in there.

Yeah. That's how mine is too. I have it set to around that. I think I entered in 1100 mah for the capacity. It's set not 900. Phil updated his video I'm pretty sure he had a note or something. If you set it to 900 then it will act like a 900 mah but it's not.