Wismec Reuleaux Mod Resistance

wddragon

hi...
i got email from wismec....
here's the file they gave me.... officially from wismec ..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7wf31sn797ze69/W009-151106-2.8V-CASEJAYBO-MP.ecig?dl=0

they hv mod resistance, case analyzer... but i dont think the batery Wh is correct....and the battery csv.... it shld be based on wat battery u r using....

The Wh looks to be for the batteries that come with the mod, namely the Sony VCT4's. 

Interesting that they set the soft cut off to 2.8v.

Also interesting that their case cooling time constant is different to what I got when I ran the case analyser so it might be worth running this yourselves?

Kahless said:

The Wh looks to be for the batteries that come with the mod, namely the Sony VCT4's. 

Also interesting that their case cooling time constant is different to what I got when I ran the case analyser so it might be worth running this yourselves?

yea.. i aslo wondering 2.8v is safe cutoff... but for 18650, minimum safe cut off is 2.5v...
yea, running the case analyzer will come out different result by different ppl and different enviroment... but these data is given by wismec.... sure, we can run for ourselves too...im jst sharing wat i'v got from them...

It is safe. The hard cutoff (not configurable) is around that voltage to ensure safety. However, by setting it at that level you may not get meaningful soft cutoff.

With soft cutoff at 2.8V, when the battery gets very low/weak, instead of the DNA dialing down the power so you can extract the last 10% or so of battery life, it is just going to say Check Battery. And you will have to dial down the power manually.

It isn't what I'd do. But, to each their own. I'd make it at least 2.9V to get the battery-extending of the soft cutoff.

People often misunderstand the nature of soft cutoff. If you look at a battery discharge curve, with lines for 1C, 5C, 10C, etc., it isn't saying Check Battery at that voltage. Instead, you'll notice that the lines tend to crater in voltage at a particular mAh. What soft cutoff does is, when the battery is about to fall off at that voltage, it instead goes *horizontally* on that curve, to the right, toward lower C value curves that end at a higher mAh. The battery can't give full power at that point much longer, and if you try it's about empty, so soft cutoff kicks in and gives you a power level it can keep going on. For total battery life soft cutoff is your friend. :) Maybe we should have given it a better name...

Mod resistance of .003 does seem very low.
When i have tested mine(1.5mm copper through the posts on a Dodge 2) i get .014.
If i take the same RDA setup & try the mod resistance of my own build(Fat Daddy V4 & Lipo) i get .006.
I wonder if they are stating nominal ohm's instead of raw Ohm's ?

Doing the mod resistance test via a dripper (doge in your example) could also add resistance due to the screw connections and the 510 connection. I have found the most accurate way of doing it would be to take that 1.5 mm copper wire and short the 510 directly or ideally if anyone knows where we can get m7 copper grub screws that would be an answer! However saying this throws up another dilemma, If we are measuring the mod resistance to ensure the coil reading is spot on., then any resistance in the tank/dripper would put that reading out.

kenshin6353 said:

[QUOTE=Kahless]The Wh looks to be for the batteries that come with the mod, namely the Sony VCT4's. 

yea.. i aslo wondering 2.8v is safe cutoff... but for 18650, minimum safe cut off is 2.5v...
yea, running the case analyzer will come out different result by different ppl and different enviroment... but these data is given by wismec.... sure, we can run for ourselves too...im jst sharing wat i'v got from them...[/QUOTE]

Celtic said:

Speaking of the battery configuration, why is it the Escribe software doesn't have an option to select Li-ion as battery type? Does it matter? 

Both lithium-ion batteries (The cylindrical 18650 style batteries) and lithium polymer batteries (More correctly lithium-ion polymer batteries.) are all technically lithium-ion batteries. The lithium-ion batteries and lithium polymer batteries are all lithium-ion batteries, and all use the same electrochemistry. So setting the eScribe for lithium polymer is fine. I do agree they should have both setting options so it doesn't confuse people. A real lithium polymer battery is a misnomer because, although real lithium polymer batteries do exist, the ones we use and think of as lithium polymer batteries are not true lithium polymer batteries; they're just lithium-ion batteries in a flexible pouch or prismatic form. The "real" lithium polymer batteries use a polymer electrode instead of a liquid electrolyte like most lithium-ion and lithium polymer batteries we use have. True lithium polymer battery tech is still in its infancy and aren't really available commercially. All the ones we use today, whether it be a 3s pouch in a DNA, a prismatic cell in a cell phone, or an 18650 in a mod, are all lithium-ion batteries and all use a liquid electrolyte. Disclaimer: Even though we just finished studying electrochemistry in chem 2, I'm no expert on lithium battery chemistry. (And to tell you the truth, we didn't go into much detail on e-chem because our professor said if we decide to go into a job in battery chemistry technology, and need to learn e-chem, we can take it in grad school as part of our PhD studies.)