I can't believe it-I got an updated hotcig with the black buttons sent out for nothing.

Conanthewarrior

Hi everyone. 

I received a text that my DHL delivery was due for delivery, and was puzzled as I had no DHL deliveries I knew of. 

It arrived, I opened it, and inside was a brand new hotcig DNA200, the packaging has changed so the battery is seperate and not connected, so it can not drain like it was. 

It also has some minor differences, like black buttons, a nicer fire button-and I suspect maybe some internal changes. 

I put the battery in, bam all at 4V. Perfectly balanced. 

I have set it up in Escribe, and it had some minor changes, there was already a custom start screen there, and the battery was set to 10 W/h's.

I have a feeling the silver button models where in a way test models, that is why there was so many issues. I got that one repaired by Evolv, and it has a new board in. 

Also, gearbest surprisingly refunded me. Paypal already had done so. 

So I have two DNA200's for the price of the Chip alone in the UK. 

I am astonished. I also suspect there may of been a battery change as this one seems to go down slower, again making me think they changed the buttons to easily distinguish between the fast put together betas, and the ones that are fully ready for release. 

I am keeping both though, as the silver buttoned one has been rewired by Evolv, so can't get much better than that, and the new one functions perfectly. 

A very happy suprise- each device has now cost me £42.50. That is bloody good for a fully working DNA200.It's took a few months, but in the end worked out well for me.

I checked my emails, and it was Bennett from hotcig that had sent me a replacement due to what I had gone through with the silver button model. 

I made sure to thank him. That is one thing I did not EVER expect though.

well happy Christmas to you, I sent a board back over two weeks ago and they kept it for over a week, didn't tell me what was happening with it until I chased it up, and have only just despatched it, so no idear when it will show up in the uk and haven't even confirmed that its coming to my address..........

black lace said:

well happy Christmas to you, I sent a board back over two weeks ago and they kept it for over a week, didn't tell me what was happening with it until I chased it up, and have only just despatched it, so no idear when it will show up in the uk and haven't even confirmed that its coming to my address..........

I am sorry to hear this mate. The first hotcig I got was a disaster-blown fuse and damaged battery, I had to send it to Evolv for a repair (they replaced the board, and rewired it). 

Gearbest were awful to me, I got a refund off them after nearly 3 months though, then this just turned up, a V2. None of the issues of the original-I am almost sure the silver button version was just a bad quality and made device-and kind of a beta to see how well the hotcig will do. 

I hope you have yours back soon-are you dealing with hotcig or Evolv? 

I will say Bennett stuck to his word-that I knew nothing of, and sent the V2 out to me. Is yours the silver buttoned version and what issues were you having? 

Hope you have it soon man. Conan.