Bricked Reuleaux

FredL

I bricked my Reuleaux during a firmware update. So i tried to do a manual update but escribe is not detecting my device.
I am using Windows XP on VirtualBox. Seems like virtualbox is also not detecting the dna200 attached.
How do i get this fixed?

Excluding a damaged board I think it's almost impossible to "brick" a DNA 200D.... Many have purposely tried and failed to do it.

I would suggest installing eScribe on a native Windows computer and see if it will actually detect that you've connected a USB device. From there you should be able to flash the new firmware.

FredL said:

I bricked my Reuleaux during a firmware update. So i tried to do a manual update but escribe is not detecting my device.
I am using Windows XP on VirtualBox. Seems like virtualbox is also not detecting the dna200 attached.
How do i get this fixed?

I did the exact same thing-I was running VB on my iMac. I tried everything, but nothing worked, until I plugged it into a Windows tablet I purchased solely for the DNA 200-as soon as I plugged it in, my device lit up and is working fine ever since.

Take a look at this. You have to port the usb device from the host machine to the virtual machine.
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/virtualbox-usb.html

Note there are two devices both need to be ported.

A usb Input device mine is called Evolv DNA 200 once windows installed the drivers from windows update it changed to USB Input Device and a usb to serial port mine is called Evolv DNA 200 Serial Port

FredL said:

How do i get this fixed?

Have you tried to hook it up to escribe and reset to factory settings?  Doing this fixed mine.

So this may not really fit in this topic super well, but virtualbox seems to be being discussed a bit....

I was having lots of problem running escribe in VB (linux host OS, with windows 7 guest), lots of time outs loading / downloading settings.  I changed my settings to make the virtual machine a dual core system and now it runs at native speeds. 

escribe really shouldn't require dual core hardware.... but hey, it works now.