wont turn on

lalemandrew

So I wired everything up with xt60 worked like a charm so now it's time to put in box so I find out it won't fit with the battery connectors so I cut them off and wire directly to the board finish everything now it Wont turn on I'm so frustrated I have been doing this for 4 months and have over $200 invested so what could be going on any help would help thanks and pray for me lol

Hmmmm. Cold solder joint perhaps? Also, if you would prefer to not solder lipos directly to the board but don't have room for the XT60 housing, you could always just use the bullets without the housing. Just make sure to cover them in heat shrink to prevent shorts. I actually prefer this method even though it obviously presents a risk of dead short if you get the polarity reversed when plugging in.

It just means the solder might not have flowed sufficiently to create a bond between the wire and the board's solder pad. You can sometimes spot them visually because the solder should be nice and shiny once it cools and hardens; if it's dull it could be a cold joint. Easy to fix by simply reflowing the solder on the joint. That might not be your issue, but it's something to check, especially since you said it was working fine before you resoldered the leads.

Duplicate threads! Well I've fried one board doing the same, so... You can try to connect to Escribe, failure disconnect the balancer and connect to Escribe .. failure desolder the battery and retry. If and hopefully when Escribe recognizes the board then perform a hard restart. If the board is fried then arrange an RMA with Evolv. I'd use an inline banana (bullet) connector next and not directly solder. I understand the size constraints, but I also understand all of the Cons.

Jaquith said:

Duplicate threads! Well I've fried one board doing the same, so... You can try to connect to Escribe, failure disconnect the balancer and connect to Escribe .. failure desolder the battery and retry. If and hopefully when Escribe recognizes the board then perform a hard restart. If the board is fried then arrange an RMA with Evolv. I'd use an inline banana (bullet) connector next and not directly solder. I understand the size constraints, but I also understand all of the Cons.

as a matter of interest will it function on escribe if the fuse has blown, im asking because its not allways clear to see it broken and if the op doesnt have a multi tester, not working may be the thing.. to get the fuse checked.. personaly never known anyone short out the wires on a lipo without leaving the floor, they are very angry little batteries, when you do that to them..

To my understanding the power (any source) needs to go through the fuse to power the board. A blown fuse is pretty easy to see. Also, I'm not saying that you can't solder a live LiPo to the board, it's just not what I will do again. I think you'll have less issues, if live / no plug, to solder cut leads to the board and then solder the battery leads with shrink wraps.