DNA200 self repair

amokmobius

hey guys , my lavabox dna200 chip seems to be fried, due to that i am not living in the states(living in Taiwan) 
shipping for RMA could cost me more then just getting a new dna200 board

so i am thinking what is the possibility of replacing the board my self? i seen some video on youtube and got a few question to ask(since i am a total noob)

1. what soldering tool and material do i need?
2.i want to add a ground wire for the 510 spring connector to the chip( not the mod it self), is it possible?
3. if i want to upgrade the original Fullmax 3s 10Wh battery dimension ( 19.8x26x70mm) are there any other good recommendation ?

Please give me some advice, i hope i am capable of repairing my own mod in the future, as i am very welling to invest in the stablized wood hobo dna200, but i need to be able to repair it my self otherwise warrant will be a big problem

amokmobius said:

hey guys , my lavabox dna200 chip seems to be fried, due to that i am not living in the states(living in Taiwan) 

so i am thinking what is the possibility of replacing the board my self? i seen some video on youtube and got a few question to ask(since i am a total noob)

1. what soldering tool and material do i need?
2.i want to add a ground wire for the 510 spring connector to the chip( not the mod it self), is it possible?
3. if i want to upgrade the original Fullmax 3s 10Wh battery dimension ( 19.8x26x70mm) are there any other good recommendation ?

Please give me some advice, i hope i am capable of repairing my own mod in the future, as i am very welling to invest in the stablized wood hobo dna200, but i need to be able to repair it my self otherwise warrant will be a big problem

1.) a decent soldering iron, nothing fancy, a 40 watt will do. some rosin core solder and some electronics safe flux paste/liquid
              2.)i'm not familiar with the lavabox's 510, but if there is a nut holding the 510 in place you can buy a 510 ground ring terminal and solder onto that. then from that to the board. 14 awg stranded silicone is a good wire to use for 510 connections with the dna 200.
              3.) lavabox battery threads -
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/search?keywords=lavabox+battery&searchin=message&member=&do=findposts&id=&replies=atleast&numreplies=0&daterange=0&custdatefrom=&custdateto=&sort=&order=desc&radio_showas=threads&btnSearch=Search&action=doSearch

amokmobius said:

A year ago when my cousin was working in Taiwan, he sent his DNA40 for RMA. IIRC he said it was Taiwan Post International Air Parcel Express + insurance (trackable) only cost about $10 (NT$300).

Arrived safely to Evolv within a week or so and he received replacement board 2 weeks after that.

He only shipped the board.