Realeaux charging screen questions...

iCope

Hi, I got a wismec DNA 200 for Christmas, (my first DNA) and I have a question regarding the charging screen. I have the 3 fields set to usb current, max wattage and battery %! But I have noticed that the battery % only rises very slow even though it says it gets .99A. But after a night of charging it is fully charged. The question I have is, is it suppose to rise from 9% to 100% and show it to me when I look? It is probably not possible but is there anyway to show the 3 fields that I have set plus the volts of all 3 cells? I guess that would be a feature for a firmware update. I don't puff when it's charging so I don't really need the power watt display. Maybe remove that and instead show 3 more fields,

iCope said:

Hi, I got a wismec DNA 200 for Christmas, (my first DNA) and I have a question regarding the charging screen. I have the 3 fields set to usb current, max wattage and battery %! But I have noticed that the battery % only rises very slow even though it says it gets .99A. But after a night of charging it is fully charged. The question I have is, is it suppose to rise from 9% to 100% and show it to me when I look? It is probably not possible but is there anyway to show the 3 fields that I have set plus the volts of all 3 cells? I guess that would be a feature for a firmware update. I don't puff when it's charging so I don't really need the power watt display. Maybe remove that and instead show 3 more fields,

what's yer first question? "is it supposed to show it to me when i look" what are you asking? if you have the battery percent in one of the three fields in charging screen it will slowly rise when charging, albeit VERY slow with a triple 18650 mod charging at 1 amp divided between three cells. and as long as u have your charging screen brightness above zero. the answer to your second question, no you get three fields to play with for now. maybe in the future there will be a feature to cram more stuff on the screen.

I get the feeling my battery % doesn't represent the actual charging rate. When I plug it in to charge after two days of use, it's usually at around 9%. If I look again after around 3 hours, it'll be at 23%. I have never seen it at say 50% or higher even if I wake up in the middle of the night. But in the morning it'll be at 100% and I have two days of vaping pleasure. Does your DNA's % constantly rise?

Did you set the battery capacity in escribe on the Mod tab?

If you haven't, try the following:
go to the mod tab in eScribe
click the Watt-Hour calculator button
in the battery cell capacity, choose the mAh rating of your battery (individual - probably between 2000-3000 for an 18650)
use 11.1 for your nominal pack voltage
click ok
a pop up will appear with a value for your battery capacity - choose yes to use this value

Check if that makes a difference :)

iCope said:

If I tell escribe that 1 cell has 3000mah, it gives me 33.3! Do I divide that by 3 to come to 11.1 or do I put 33.3 in the window?

in order for your charge to go from 9% to 100% i guarantee it goes through all of the in between numbers. you're probably just not catching it, sleeping. for the watt hours, 33.3 is the correct calculated watt hours for three samsung 30q in series configuration. you can put 33.3 in the capacity field BUT that's being optimistic (but absolutely fin). it'll be closer to 28-29 watt hours. you should learn how to set up and run battery analyzer. that'll make your battery meter as accurate as possible.

iCope said:

And to do the battery test I make an old fashion tv antenna coil to 1ohm and run the test?

i make four loops of 22 gauge kanthal in my velocity clone which ohms out to .29 .   here's what mine looks like. more loops means it dissapates heat faster.  have you read through the thread on how to run battery analyzer?IMG_20160117_131414.jpg 

your numbers will be slightly different, but it should look something like this:
[image]

If you use the calculator you need to use these values:
[image]
you should then get this screen:
[image]
click yes and you'll be set :)

For 3000 mAh batteries then 33.3 watt-hours seems correct

iCope said:

I think so! I have read many threads and have seem a lot of you tube video! I do have one more question though. Do I leave the watt setting during the test at 40 or do I set it to 50-60 which is where I vape at?

you can leave it at 40 watts. it's close enough to your vaping range to not make a difference. just make sure when you run it don't walk away from it. keep an eye on your device as sometimes things get very warm ie batteries, mod, rda. at the end of the test it'll ask you if you want to use these results just click yes, or accept, i forget exactly how it's worded.  also make sure your batteries are fully charged before running batt anaylzer.

when i ran battery analyzer i was running my .29 ohm load (velocity with 4 loops of 22 gauge) at 80 watts. the atty itself gets very warm as do the batts and mod but not as much. i also had a 12 volt cpu box fan laying around, so i used that to cool the mod down. do you have an ego thread adapter or a 510 heat sink? i also used one of those to raise the velocity off of the mod so the heat from the atty wouldn't transfer to to mod. rule of thumb........if the mod or the batteries are too hot to hold stop the test. IMG_20160117_145955.jpg

Image result for 510 heat sink

iCope said:

No, unfortunately I don't have any of those high tech stuff yet! I'll just have to hope for the best! Or can I use a usb extension cord and place the mod on the porch? I mean it is winter and pretty cold outside :)

lol true! it's snowing right now here in PA. just don't let your reulaeux get snowed on! even if you have a little fan that plugs into the wall, point it at the back with battery door off, so it blows on the batteries. but this is all most likely unnecessary if you run battery analyzer at the default 40 watts. you'll be fine. don't let me scare you. that's just how i do it.[2006112014310559569]

iCope said:

Don't have one of those either :( I'll just use the usb extension and if it gets too hot I'll put it on the porch table. It's covered by a roof so it'll be dry and cold:) how long does the test take? ca. 4hrs?

you'll be be running it without the things i mentioned. i don't quite remember how long it takes......but not 4 hours. 4 hours sounds like case analyzer's time frame. i think took about an hour? i was running at a decently high wattage tho. i'm thinking 1 and 1/2 hours maybe 2 to run it at 40 watts???? could be wrong tho. report back when you're done running the test or if you have any Q's.:)

So I did my battery analyzation tonight and it seemed to work out fine. My Reuleaux did get "warm" but not as hot as I thought! The result was 27,81 wAh and it asked if I wanted to use the results as my settings. I'm curious to see how my charging goes now! Thx for your help! :)

iCope said:

So I did my battery analyzation tonight and it seemed to work out fine. My Reuleaux did get "warm" but not as hot as I thought! The result was 27,81 wAh and it asked if I wanted to use the results as my settings. I'm curious to see how my charging goes now! Thx for your help! :)

great! 27.8 is a healthy watt hour. tons of vape time!:)