My lavabox is broken... don't know what I should do next

dean24

So my mods broken... and i was wonder what is the best way to go about getting it fixed. It's a lavabox. I've had it for 3-4 months. And it's been great for the 3-4 months that I've had it.

Bestfriend/coworker grew sick of their kangertech setup. It was a cheaper 50w setup. I told them to use my lavabox, only person I've allowed to use it since I bought it from a local vape shop. They were already using my aspire triton tank because their subox nano tank was acting up. They had the lavabox a day or so. We get out of the vehicle to go to work and it fell out of their sweater pocket and falls a few feet to the ground. After they pick it up and clean it off it makes a rattling noise but the screen is still on so I don't think much of it. First break comes around and we're outside with the smokers. The mod fires for puff or two. Then the screen goes blank and won't fire anymore. It gets put away till I take it home. I open the battery cover, nothing looms out of place. Lift that hard divider between the lipos and the board and I see a chip that is no longer soldered to the board.

My friend was far more upset than I was that it broke. I just laughed. She kept saying lastnite that she'll buy me a new one. Kept telling her to let me see what I need to do to get it fixed. And that's where I am now. What is the best way to get this fixed in your options guys/gals?

*edit* stupid auto correct

If your not happy about soldering it back on yourselfe , obviously your gonna have to think who local may have a soldering iron, like an auto electrician, tv repair, computer, repair, evt, have you tried holding it on with ya thumb to see if it fires up.. what a strange thing to pop off.. freaky.. lol

If your not comfortable soldering it on yourself, open up an RMA and return it back to evolv it will probably be quicker than volcano, or you could see if the company you bought it from will replace it and send it back to evolv/volcano themselves after all it's them you've got the warranty with.

I had a problem with my lavabox a few weeks back...just emailed volcano and sent in my device for repairs. I was sent a brand new one less than a week later... best customer service imo. Havent really contacted evolve so I cant tell you if that would be better but I dont see them repairing a chip and reinstalling it into your mod for you, they would probably just send you a replacement chip or tell you to contact volcano.