Max Charging Amperage? Which Wall Adapter to Use?

HugeEgo

OK, so I have a DNA200 coming in the mail today (excited) and want to get my ducks in a row.  

I realize the DNA200 charging board allows 1A max charging.  My question is, would a 2A USB Samsung charger (made for my android tablet) be safe to use?  Will the board limit it to 1A or do I need to specifically buy a 1A wall adapter?  All I have on hand are .5A and 2A wall adapters (no 1A adapters lying around).

I think the answer to this question needs to be in the FAQ, by the way.  

• 4 weeks later...

VapingBad said:

Yes, it is fine the DNA will only draw up to 1 A as long as the USB supply is reasonable quality and your one will be is it is a genuine Samsung or other decent make.  This is standard behaviour for anything taking power from USB it should only take what it needs and not specific to DNAs.

Please tell me, and if the adapter 220V to 5,2V(1A) for Ipad will burn, will DNA burn too??
Is protection for such a case in the DNA?

[QUOTE=Jo]

[QUOTE=VapingBad]Yes, it is fine the DNA will only draw up to 1 A as long as the USB supply is reasonable quality and your one will be is it is a genuine Samsung or other decent make.  This is standard behaviour for anything taking power from USB it should only take what it needs and not specific to DNAs.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me, and if the adapter 220V to 5,2V(1A) for Ipad will burn, will DNA burn too??
Is protection for such a case in the DNA?

[/QUOTE]
As long as it is USB, has USB or the logo on it it will be fine, the USB specification is 5.0 V +/- 0.25 V so 5.2 V is just within it.  

• 2 weeks later...