Anyone here tried using 2amp Chargers?

sidfantasy

sidfantasy said:

Hi Guys!

As far as I know, You can set up in escribe your maximum amp charging limit. Where you can Input 2amp. Anyone tried it before?

Thanks!

You can set the maximum discharge current in the mod tab. You can not set the charge current. That is determined by the charging board in the mod. As far as I know all DNA200 boards charge at 1 amp except the VaporShark which charges at 2 amps. The way I understand it VaporShark has a custom board that supports 2 amp zip charging.

Cheers,
Steve

sidfantasy said:

Hey Steve,

Have you tried going to device monitor and click Diagnostic? There is an option there where you can set it "Set USB Current Limit"

Thanks,
Jazz

Hi Jazz,

No I haven't done that. I thought that was a way to have it not charge (while hooked up to Escribe) or charge at less than the 1 amp maximum supported by the charging board. If I'm wrong I apologize for giving you bad information, but I think what I posted first is correct. Good luck.

Cheers,
Steve

sidfantasy said:

Hi Guys!

As far as I know, You can set up in escribe your maximum amp charging limit. Where you can Input 2amp. Anyone tried it before?

Thanks!

all of the dna 200 boards will charge at a MAXIMUM of 1 amp, no higher. vaporshark had evolv put a couple beefier components on the dna 200 pcb to achieve 2 amp charging on their vaporshark dna 200..

"set usb current limit" will let you adjust from 0 to 1 amp.

I have often wondered how the Zip charging was achieved.

ChunkyButt200 said:

all of the dna 200 boards will charge at a MAXIMUM of 1 amp, no higher. vaporshark had evolv put a couple beefier components on the dna 200 pcb to achieve 2 amp charging on their vaporshark dna 200..

"set usb current limit" will let you adjust from 0 to 1 amp.

In another post Nick posted this.

Nick said:

Every single DNA200 is capable of the same features, there are no different versions of the DNA200.

So now this has me wondering how Zip charging is archived?

Is it an extra board VS adds? or a different version of the DNA200 made especially for VS?

steamer861 said:

I have often wondered how the Zip charging was achieved.

In another post Nick posted this.

So now this has me wondering how Zip charging is archived?

Is it an extra board VS adds? or a different version of the DNA200 made especially for VS?

up until the dna 200, vaporshark used a daughter board that had the necessary components for 2 amp charging. the vaporshark's dna 200 has the zif connector off to the side of the board rather than in the middle and is a slightly longer pcb. different charging components are also used for vaporshark. below is the vs dna 200 board.

A7BCE043-C73C-444B-8867-C4D66513679B_zpsjhhuky1m.jpg