[Build Log] Modifying my Lavabox 200 for a 1300mAh battery

PandaSPUR

PandaSPUR said:

Just bought a digital caliper from Amazon. Ordered last night, arrived today. This will help A LOT with getting this washer measured properly.

I also need to switch to a better 3D modeling program. Tinkercad is fun but too simplistic -.-

Try Blender for 3d modelling, it's free and will have everything you need.

It is a lot harder to learn than tinkercad, but it has video lessons to get you started and a decent community.

Uuuuugh been too busy recently. Sorry guys.

Gonna try to get working on this. And the more I look at it, I do want to cover that gap next to the grip, so we'll see if i can get that done.

Having a caliper will help immensely. And hopefully Blender works out.

I don't want to post the design or dimensions until its actually correct. It'll be a pain in the ass if incorrect stuff gets reposted/distributed around.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, been a bit busy.

The new 8mm extension with the slot that fills in the gap meant for the grip fits well. I had to use a rubber mallet to get the extension to fit with the back plate, but it slides right on to the Lavabox body without a problem.

As such, I've put the product up for sale and also enabled downloads. Have fun with it!
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BBS8PBT23/lavabox-dna200-8mm-extension-rev-2

No planned updates for now and I've been too busy to go to a machine shop and ask for help finding screws that fit.

The beta version works perfectly, I'll take a pic this weekend if you want. Sadly Shapeways does charge a lot for printing the damn thing + shipping, but thats why I made the model downloadable. Feel free to download and get it printed locally if thats cheaper for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...