Extremely frustrated at this point

audiovicious

You have had some bad luck there to be sure.  Just on the subject of mod res I'm guessing the board mount screws are not tight enough on yours, I would just open it and give them a tweak (don't over tighten them) and you mod res should then read 0.003-0.004.  The 510 thread issue is a bigger problem you would need the outer part of the 510 swapped or re-tapped, sorry not much help if you don't have the tools.

VapingBad,

First off, you have ended hours and hours of me trying to figure out what the problem was. I figured something was loose, but never opened it because I was going to leave that to Evolv, and I didn't know what it was anyway. I was able to open it, tighten the screws, and put your value in, and for the first time since I've had it, it read the resistance right right off the bat. The vape was consistent, and I've had no problems.

The 510 threading I'm not going to be sending back over, as I've already smoothed them out and everything screws down by hand now, it was just the initial issue.

It looks like everything is working now, thanks so much man.

EDIT: What case are those results for? I have the black reference mod. I kept trying to run the case analyzer and it would never go past 'Waiting for steady temperature...'

audiovicious said:

VapingBad,

First off, you have ended hours and hours of me trying to figure out what the problem was. I figured something was loose, but never opened it because I was going to leave that to Evolv, and I didn't know what it was anyway. I was able to open it, tighten the screws, and put your value in, and for the first time since I've had it, it read the resistance right right off the bat. The vape was consistent, and I've had no problems.

The 510 threading I'm not going to be sending back over, as I've already smoothed them out and everything screws down by hand now, it was just the initial issue.

It looks like everything is working now, thanks so much man.

EDIT: What case are those results for? I have the black reference mod. I kept trying to run the case analyzer and it would never go past 'Waiting for steady temperature...'

Glad you got it sorted audiovicious, those results are for a black reference mod.

I should add that tightening those let me go in and use the copper plug and instead of values jumping all over, it just consistently read 0.004 right off the bat. So all of my problems are fixed now. Thanks to Evolv for sticking by it, helping the first time, and then continuing to provide support, and to the forums for the expert advice.

I'm beyond pleased with it now.