Using LiHV battery on DNA200

yoseff

I saw this batteries http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__87986__Turnigy_Bolt_1300mAh_3S_11_4V_65_130C_High_Voltage_Lipoly_Pack_LiHV_UK_Warehouse_.html and i wonder if it can be safely used for a DNA200, and what are the pros and cons vs a regular Lipo.

It should work? the dimensions are different. It says less battery sag could be ideal for when your battery is low. Buy it and give us some feed back on it.

dwcraig1 said:

Would it still be 1300 Mah when charged to just 12.6 volts? That's as high as the board will charge it I think.

Good point, they would probably be more like 1170 mAh at 4.2 V (-10%) which should double their working life, but I think these batteries that push the limits of the chemistry are generally shorter lived anyway.

From the UK Warehouse a standard 25-50C nano-tech that a lot of people use is £7.91 and this battery is 70% more @ £13.45, you can use Max Recharges setting to double the life of the standard LiPo and that would probably be about the same capacity as this battery running at 4.2 V.