VT200 randomly turns off

SmeagleSmeagle

My VT200 will work fine for a couple hours but when I leave it idle for awhile, it will turn off. Only way I can get it back on is if I plug it in. After that it will be good for awhile and then turn off again. I do not think it is a fuse since it will work without the charging cable as long as I don't let it sit for awhile. It is only when I haven't used it for awhile that it will turn off. I got a new battery and it does it as well. Only thing I can think of is that I just updated to 2016 firmware when asked to in Escribe. I tried soft reset, hard reset, reset to factory settings, re applied firmware. Not sure what else to do.

this seems to be a one the most spoken about problems with the 200. try a hard reboot from escribe and see if that remedies the problem. if not, re-flash your current firmware or if you're not running the latest firmware, try installing the newest. other than that, that problem is usually an RMA situation. here's the link to all the firmwares.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/

I have tried those things :(. I will upgrade to the 02-29 firmware and do a hard reset. I hope I don't have to RMA since I do not have a spare mod. xD

EDIT: I am actually going to downgrade the software and see if that fixes the issues. Seems like a lot of different brands using the DNA200 are having the same issue and timing seems oddly close to the 02-29 firmware.

You know, if it were me. I would disconnect the battery and reconnect it a few minutes later before I requested a RMA. It probably won't help, but it is worth a shot maybe. That is assuming you have a driver for those odd looking screws (I forgot what they are called).

Yes I have a T6 Torx. I just replaced the battery to see if that would help since the LiPo was getting a little squishy. It did not help :(. I will try and connect/disconnect a few times letting the chip die out each time. Hopefully that will help. I am also hoping the firmware downgrade helps.

EDIT: Seems like downgrading to 2-12 fixed the issue for now. I will update if it stops again.

SmeagleSmeagle said:

Well looks like it is still having issues, do I need to RMA it to HCigar or Evolv? Does anyone know how long it typically takes? I need to figure out something while I dont have it.

if you're handy with a soldering iron you can de-solder the board from the mod and send just the board to evolv. or you can email evolv and ask them super nicely if you can send the whole mod in for them fix. i have heard of evolv taking in entire devices to fix them. but first, i would contact the retailer you purchased the vt200 from and see what they say.