"Normal" Wattage only mode

NickyGiaccone

Sometimes when using a .5ohm SS 316 Dual Coil on my Uwell Crown, I just select the original NI setup for perfect vaping. Shamefully, TC mode doesn't tickle my fancy, the idea of the high temp choices bothers me regardless of the fact all vaping becomes warm at least. NI material LSV is the best curve vapor graph for most of my vaping needs. I call it the DNA. LOL. NEVER will I use TC again. I've tried 5 times. all materials, each on different mods. Once on the Sigelei Fuchai 200W box mod with VTC4s, the IPV5 with VTC4s, the Reuleaux RX200 {3 VTC4 batteries}, a Laisimo L1 200W with LG HG2s, and a Kooper Plus. That doesn't seem enjoyable. but there is always the wattage only option. 

What do you do to setup TC up? We know that you use the wrong TCR curve for the material being used. I myself have no problem with TC at all. I can get it vaping just like I can with wattage vaping. But with added benefits of over temperature protection and dry hit protection.

It just makes it vape appropriately im not rebelling against the software. I was disappointed because my dual 18650s with LG HE2s hit this harder. It's a super tank and my new mod was giving me farts. This is what a few representatives said to do if I done care about temp. It has an affect on strength of hits some how

Im glad so im sharing in case somebody else has the problem. Barely any vapor on 119W on a UWELL CROWN .25ohms dual SS coil. Damn. It finally works. I only do this with this tank so far. I have clapton set up for normal vaping. This is a great tank. Mini TFV4 with triple .2ohm coils is my favorite.

PHOTO_20160405_144252.jpg

@NickyGiaccone: 119 watts on a Crown 0.25 ohms is probably hitting way over 600°F. It is no wonder why you can't get TC to vape the way you like. As you prefer that fresh deep fried juice flavor. And those Crown SS coils with nickel legs probably have that nice low red glow to them when you fire. No TC won't work for those who prefers that more toxic vape. As it is for those people who wants to avoid them.

NickyGiaccone said:

Ok buddy. Theres a clapton coil to substitute with next time. I know nickel is a poison but its vapung fine. SS coils are fine. Its at 450F max anyway but off.learn the software.

Using SS with a Ni200 TCR graph works like this. Nickel doubles its resistance between room temperature to about 400°F. So when you are using SS with a nickel TCR curve, it isn't going to limit the temperature until SS at least doubles in resistance (and you have it at 450°F). SS doesn't double its resistance until the real temperature reaches to about 2000°F. So running SS with a nickel TCR curve isn't doing anything to control temperature.

BillW50 said:

Using SS with a Ni200 TCR graph works like this. Nickel doubles its resistance between room temperature to about 400°F. So when you are using SS with a nickel TCR curve, it isn't going to limit the temperature until SS at least doubles in resistance (and you have it at 450°F). SS doesn't double its resistance until the real temperature reaches to about 2000°F. So running SS with a nickel TCR curve isn't doing anything to control temperature.

I changed it to SS 316 running at 375F. It works like crap. Maybe SS TC isnt made to make nimbus clouds in a condo. Im sire youre correct but it was definitely ok when i was doing it. Im not an expert at all