Live Ohm Reading

speed4mee

Like I said previously and confirmed by John, ohms on the DNA 200 is live when fired in Kanthal mode, but static when using temperature mode and displays only cold temp when you first confirm the ohm of the coil. It's done that way because of refinement mode after you stop vaping, the board refines itself in an attempt to make it more accurate. I personally lock my ohm because I still find certain attys internal ohms drifts and causes either weak/strong sometime burnt vape experience.

So that only leaves you the ability to view live ohms in the atomizer analyzer.

Why would you want to see live ohms anyway? When Personally vaping I'm not interested in live ohms, nor can I see the screen anyway.

If I'm struggling to fault find a atty/coil I have installed, I fire up EScribe software and check the resistance using the atomizer analyzer for stability, There you can normally find loose connections, atty to 510 etc....

Oh I get what you're trying to do.

The problem there is that atomizer analyzer is a special case. The DNA 200 only reads the resistance when it is firing or told to read it, otherwise it would sit there firing the coil all the time, which would waste a good bit amount of power. What atomizer analyzer does is it periodically requests a resistance sample from the  DNA, and then displays the results of that sample.

That said, there's no reason we can't add device monitor's live ohms (while firing) to the list of fields that could be displayed on the screen, if that would help. 

John said:

That said, there's no reason we can't add device monitor's live ohms (while firing) to the list of fields that could be displayed on the screen, if that would help. 

That would be nice :)

I have that Live Ohm Reading on my SXK Zero Clone 60W on Temp Control.

• 8 months later...

And that be very nice for devices with 2S cells. One could check if  temp mode is hitting Max voltage(Since dna200 is only step-down). Now the only way to do it is to access Escribe or to setup screen with volts, witch is otherwise useless and you can't  disable it without(again) EScribe.