SS316L Help!

Sadie816

I'm using 28*²g core 30g wrapped SS316L wire with 6 wraps ohming out to .22. TC will not work, not providing enough heat, blows out tiny cloud. I'm using a reuleaux, Panzer, joyetech cuboid, and a x cube mini and they all have the same result. I'm using TCR .0092 I'm having the same problem with my crown tank.

Are you using non-spaced, contact, and compressed coils? I always use spaced. And I just read somewhere where they said compressed SS coils don't work well with TC. Here is an example how I make spaced coils. This one was using nickel 28g on a Kanger Subtank RBA.

[9Pg6Pof]

With those settings, you should be getting plenty of hot vapor. I have seen my RX200 mods screw up with SS using TC. What they sometimes do is to go instantly in temperature protect mode and stay there as long as the button is pressed. And you get little to no vapor regardless of your wattage and temperature settings. I think that one is caused by a glitch in the programming.

Maybe give this a shot. Remove your atty, press the fire button and it should say no atomizer. Then put the atty back on once it cooled down to room temperature (usually no more than 10 minutes). Now see what happens?

Sadie816 said:

Oh I forgot to say at times it will work for the first hit or two but after that I'm screwed.

Yes I have seen this too, but not on any DNA200 yet, just others. Your TCR should be good there, but the correct TCR maybe something different when you move away from simple standard coils. I would peek in steam-engine and configure it to your coil specs and see what it says about the TCR value.

if i can add one thing.........with big clapton coils like the ones you're using, they often ohm out very low. that can be tricky to tc when you go under the .1 range. also coil mass will come into play. if you're using 316 for all the wires then you have the right tcr. you might want to go into escribe, in device monitor and check the cold and live ohms, temp, wattage. and post a screen shot of you taking a vape. atty analyzer will also tell you if your connections are janky.

as bobw50 said, spaced is the way to go for ss tc. more stable. take a wrap out if needed for them to fit.