A new tool in the Steam Engine toolbox - Wire Wizard

Sounds like you do not have solid connections Smoky, you need all the strands firmly clamped at both ends and spaced coils are less problematic, maybe tighter twists will help to. I mainly use dual coils twisted Ni200 from 34 AWG to 29 AWG 2 and 3 strand with few problems since the DNA40 was introduced.

• 1 month later...

Will there ever be an option for say tiger wire?  I'm having a hard time trying to get tiger wire set up properly in either the wire wizard or the coil builder.  Also, by downloading the CSV for say, Ti01, is the TCR number included within the file?  I have heard that for a more accurate TC vape, you should CSV the wire type and then I had to go find the TCR number to input in escribe to get a more accurate TC vape.  Am I over complicating things or duplicating what the CSV file is already doing??

Thanks!

Tiger wire, is that round wire and ribbon twisted together? Looking at some pictures, I'm just thinking that the ribbon deforms too much and too unpredictably, and I probably can't model it with any accuracy to speak of.

There is no TCR value per se in the CSV file. There is a "TCR in vaping range" value in the left hand box in the Wire Wizard, though. If you want to input a single TCR value in EScribe instead of uploading the CSV, you can use that one.

Dampmaskin said:

Tiger wire, is that round wire and ribbon twisted together? Looking at some pictures, I'm just thinking that the ribbon deforms too much and too unpredictably, and I probably can't model it with any accuracy to speak of.

Yes like for instance, I use 24g Kanthal with .8 x .1 Kanthal ribbon wire and twist those 2 together.  I haven't been able to duplicate it on steam engine.

Dampmaskin said:

There is no TCR value per se in the CSV file. There is a "TCR in vaping range" value in the left hand box in the Wire Wizard, though. If you want to input a single TCR value in EScribe instead of uploading the CSV, you can use that one.

Cool I did not know that!  I was using the TCR numbers from djlsbvapes website.  I'll try these out though.