Reuleaux DNA200 & Sony VTC 5 newbie questions...

ofx66

Hi Folks, I am new into the DNA 200 world. I just bought mine putting my cuboid in 2nd place. I whish to get the maximun of my new DNA device, so I plan to run the battery analyzer to get an exact reader of my batteries performance. As told in the subject of this topic, these are 3x18650 Sony VTC 5.

I have plan to set the soft cell cutoff limit at 2,6v (I read the battery actually supports it). Is it safe?. I would like to avoid my mod explode in my pocket.

Other question I have is on what power to set the test... 40w , which is the default, would be OK, or should I try something like 60w or so?.

And the last question for today... does it matter the ohms of the resistance I build to run the test?... I was thinking about a long piese of 3x twisted kanthal wire  to be in the subohm range.. (0.5 or so)

Thanks for your help!!!

Martin from Argentina.

ofx66 said:

Hi Folks, I am new into the DNA 200 world. I just bought mine putting my cuboid in 2nd place. I whish to get the maximun of my new DNA device, so I plan to run the battery analyzer to get an exact reader of my batteries performance. As told in the subject of this topic, these are 3x18650 Sony VTC 5.

I have plan to set the soft cell cutoff limit at 2,6v (I read the battery actually supports it). Is it safe?. I would like to avoid my mod explode in my pocket.

Other question I have is on what power to set the test... 40w , which is the default, would be OK, or should I try something like 60w or so?.

And the last question for today... does it matter the ohms of the resistance I build to run the test?... I was thinking about a long piese of 3x twisted kanthal wire  to be in the subohm range.. (0.5 or so)

Thanks for your help!!!

Martin from Argentina.

This post my be of some interest to you with regards to cell cut off:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65604-topic/?do=findComment&comment=886729

Thanks for your help.. I went trough the thread but there's a qustion I still have.... would it make any difference for the battery analyzer to do it maths if I put a resistance of 0.2ohms or a 0.9ohms?

Would the results change ?. 

Thanks in advance.

Just finished running battery analyzer and here's the results:

21,4Wh @cell cutoff v2,5 with a resistance of 0,8ohms...

The batteries are 3x18650 sony VTC5 2600

Does it make sense... it's far away from the 28,8Wh the calculator gave me....

Keep in mind that your not running them down to 2.5 volts, the calculator is a bit more accurate with a Li-polymer as the cut off is higher when rated for Mah
21 -22 sounds about right.
While you may have set the cut off to 2.5 volts I don't think it will go to that.