Board problem

Hi

I have strange problem

Part that is pointed on picture fall off from the main board but everything looks like it's working without a problem, i can charge it, i can vape, temp control works etc.
no error message or something

i notice it when i opened case of lavabox changing battery for new one (1 cell wasnt charging fully) so i dont know for how long it was like this
on top of it there is 0.068uH

what can go wrong if i dont solder it again and why it's still working whitout it.

sdjph.jpg 
Ps. sorry for my english, i didnt write in a long time in this langue 

I had a similar issue on one of mine. I dropped the Mod and one of those "inductors" fell off. My suggestion is to get an RMA from Evolv and let them fix it.

Of course if you have the capability of soldering it yourself, go for it.

As to what damage it could ultimately cause, I dont know. I suspect it might be more of an issue at higher wattage.  I know mine appeared to work to with one inductor missing. However, it is there for a reason, if it only needed one inductor I am sure Evov would have saved the money and board real estate.

smurf said:

Hi

I have strange problem

Part that is pointed on picture fall off from the main board but everything looks like it's working without a problem, i can charge it, i can vape, temp control works etc.
no error message or something

i notice it when i opened case of lavabox changing battery for new one (1 cell wasnt charging fully) so i dont know for how long it was like this
on top of it there is 0.068uH

what can go wrong if i dont solder it again and why it's still working whitout it.

sdjph.jpg 
Ps. sorry for my english, i didnt write in a long time in this langue 

it's still working because each inductor is connected to it's own set of switching mosfets. the outputs of the inductors are tied together. however, you only have half of evolv's dual synchro buck design working. designed like that for efficiency and to split the load between the two converters. do what mikepetro said, RMA the board back to evolv.

EDIT.....if you're out of the U.S., which i'm pretty sure you are, you can try to re-solder the inductor back on the board to save some money. you might even be able to reflow the solder already on the inductor and the pads on the board. worth a shot if you got a soldering iron.

There is a pick of one on here posted a few months back, may be because the boards are made as a slab, and then need to be brocken off into individual pieces, the pressure of a thumb on them may fracture the joint in one in a few thousand, just speculation thoe... ive got a bag of charger boards from a different manufacture where the suppliers have grasped every single one with a pair of pliers at the usb clip and worked them back and forth to break the board away to individual pieces from the produced slab load and destroyed every single one. Just very lightly tin up the solder tabs on the componant and a tiny smear of flux, a sharp blade ended solder tip, (flat screwdriver shape) would do a quicker job of it, i wouldnt even go right down onto the board. A hot iron pressed against the sides of the tabs at the base of the inductor componant, as long as the componants pressesed hard down it will flow, you need to be keeping away from the four legs of the little black (i think fets) next to it, if you bridge one of thoes with spatter or swarf, they will burn up when you fire the mod,,,

• 1 month later...

The exact same thing has happened to mine.  I have a Lavabox so I am going to call them in a little while.  Its still early in Hawaii.  I wouldn't even begin to know how this thing should be soldered back on the board.  Its still working though and even shows its charging though I dont believe it is.  I have had this mod for about 7 months so I think the board is still under warranty through Evolv.  Hopefully Volcano will be able to replace the board for me.