Sudden change in Titanium TC mode.

jimoto

Hi everyone,

I have been using Ti TC mode set at 370F and suddenly, without changing coils or changing wick, it taste burnt.  This happened to both of my psyclone evo and efusion dna200.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?  I haven't connected to escribe either, sudden change with absolutely no change whatsoever......    I've brought the temp down to 250F and it seems to be working correctly at the moment.  No biggie, but vaping ti at 250F sounds kinda wrong?  Any insight on the matter is appreciated.

jimoto

VapingBad said:

It sounds like it got a jump in cold res reading, the first thing to try would be tighten coil and clean 510 connections.

my understanding was that you don't need to lock in resistance for tc in dna200, do i need to lock in res in room temperature?

It can be a help if you have an inconsistent res reading, but other than that it is better not to. When I have had issues like yours it has always been a connection fault and they are not always obvious. But it could be a broken coil wire with twisted, shorting between loops or hot spots, but these are less likely IMO.