Need Help please

ibndevilsh

Boy I feel so stupid for asking this but if I don't ask I will never know.  I'm new to building for temp control with SS. I have built for TI (Sweetspot) As I did the same build P.Busardo did for his kayfun. Still not sure what the most resistance should be for TI either.  
I have looked for single build for SS and not sure what Resistance I should build for. I'm not a sub ohmer or a big cloud chaser.   What is the best resistance I should build for?  I have googled and seems most do a dual build and I only use tanks that use a single coil. Also can you lightly dry fire SS to clean the coils? Do you do this to make sure you have no hot spots? I only build my kanthal and TI in spaced.

ibndevilsh said:

Boy I feel so stupid for asking this but if I don't ask I will never know.  I'm new to building for temp control with SS. I have built for TI (Sweetspot) As I did the same build P.Busardo did for his kayfun. Still not sure what the most resistance should be for TI either.  
I have looked for single build for SS and not sure what Resistance I should build for. I'm not a sub ohmer or a big cloud chaser.   What is the best resistance I should build for?  I have googled and seems most do a dual build and I only use tanks that use a single coil. Also can you lightly dry fire SS to clean the coils? Do you do this to make sure you have no hot spots? I only build my kanthal and TI in spaced.

it's best to use spaced coils for temp control also at minimum use 2.5mm I.D. the girth seems to regulate better. and atleast a 5/6 wrap coil. theres an app for iphone/android called micro coil pro its a handy bulding calculator that will compute your heat flux, resistance for what ever wire you use with lots of other features.. 
as far as torching i dont go crazy with the heat i may get a slight glow and cool it off quickly while using 316.. its also important to get the leads good and tight but they can be too tight depending whether or not you have sharp areas on the screw or eyelet that severes the wire slightly causing hot leads and smoldering which is not good..

I have 26 gauge SS and will use 2.5 or 3 mm from coil master to wrap my coils. I usually build the kayfun V5 with 2.5 and my Squapes with a 3. I just wasn't sure what resistance I should be aiming for. I also won't go crazy torching it to clean it. I pulse with kanthal and never glow them. just heat it up enough to clean it and dunk the base in water to cool it and get the gunk off.