Mod reading Ohm's too high!

Jez650

Hi guys, I have just received a pair of sBody Elfins and seen to have a problem with one of them. When I put an atty on and press fire, the screen reds Ohm's too high. I have tried multiple atty's, all the same. The second mod is working perfectly.
Any ideas?
I was wondering if it might have a dodgy 510 connection?

If you can short out the 510 on the mod that's giving you problems that should tell the tale.  It should read "ohms too low" under a "dead short" condition. To do that safely, attach to eScribe and open the atomizer analyzer.  In fact, atomizer analyzer will show you what is going on with the mod even with the atomizer attached, but shorting the 510 will be the "proof of the pudding".  From what you're saying I'll guess the mod has a problem.

Thanks, I think I have a mod problem. I put a velocity RDA on that I wrapped with plenty of Kanthal and got a reading of 0.08 Ohm's on my Ohm reader on and Ran the Atomizer Analyzer, It just came up with a BIG ? and the screen keeps flashing "Ohm's Too High" 
Bugger!!
Anyone know if this is likley to be a board problem or possibly a dodgy wiring solder point or similar?

• 1 year later...

I found the problem on mine it was ohm dodging .1 - .3 and occasionally stopped working reading ohms to high!
I took it apart and found that the buttons adjusting the wattage were shorting to the board because of a miss placed foam pad, I put some electrical tape on the back and made a form and slapped it right back in and is now working like a charm