Charging Current

Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. This might be a stupid question, but I have my DNA75 screen settings set to display the charging current when it is charging. When plugged into my PC and wall outlet, it displays "0.0a" in the charging current field, though it is in fact charging. Is this a glitch or is this my own user error? Thanks for any advice! :)

unfortunately the dna 75 will not display usb charge current. that option was only for the 200. the selection you made is for the current your atty is drawing. only options for the charging screen are batt percent and voltage (that are useful for charging purposes.).

if it's any consolation i thought the same thing till i dug a little deeper. would have been nice but the simple TI ic charger on the 75 doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the 200's balancing ic.

ChunkyButt200 said:

unfortunately the dna 75 will display usb charge current. that option was only for the 200. the selection you made is for the current your atty is drawing. only options for charge screen are batt percent and voltage.

Wow, I'm an idiot. Didn't really think of it that way. Geez. Well, thank you for this info and thank you for the quick reply!

Xx3dge said:

I liked the charging amp displayed. It showed if the USB cable was damaged or unable to deliver the full amperage. I threw out a bunch of crappy cables due to my dna200 mods. Wish my 75 had it too :(

you can buy an inline usb meter. it will effectively do the same thing. shows - charging current, mah, time and usb voltage. i use this one.

http://www.banggood.com/KEWEISI-3V-9V-0-3A-USB-Charger-Power-Detector-Battery-Capacity-Tester-Voltage-Current-Meter-p-984613.html 

• 1 month later...
dylang919 said:

Why doesn't my VT 75 ever show 100 percent battery charged. I can only get it to 98. It never reachest 100

the simple charging IC on the dna 75 board considers 4.15v "good enough" sometimes when charging. if you want it to charge to exactly 100% (4.18v) you can unplug then plug back in the usb cable. not necessary tho, it's close enough in voltage at 98% to be considered fully charged. you won't really notice the difference in vape time between 4.15 and 4.18v.

My next question would be, why didn't Evolv go all out and make the 75 watt board as efficient as the 200 board? Why only the 6 volt limit? Why no advanced battery meter? August 8th is less than a month away so there will never be another board by Evolv or anyone else. I figured they would have went all out on this chipset considering it will probably be the last one they are ever able to make.

dylang919 said:

My next question would be, why didn't Evolv go all out and make the 75 watt board as efficient as the 200 board? Why only the 6 volt limit? Why no advanced battery meter? August 8th is less than a month away so there will never be another board by Evolv or anyone else. I figured they would have went all out on this chipset considering it will probably be the last one they are ever able to make.

from what i've gathered the dna 75 was purposefully designed the way it is. they designed the dna 75 to be a more affordable board than dna 200. albeit the dna 75 doesn't have all the bells whistles like the dna 200, that's where the trade off comes into play. the dna 75 was not built to compete with it's big brother. still a great board tho with features that are plenty useful. 

as for the dna 75 being the last product they release............don't be so sure