Dna 75 battery problems

John la

So I built my dna 75 box this weekend but am having troubles with the battery they don't discharge evenly. So I can plug one battery in (closest to the board battery slot) and it works. Now if I pug it in (furthest from the board battery slot) it does not turn on. So with using it today I had the 2 battery in the device and its saying 33% so I pulled the furthest from the board battery out and used it said 32% so then I put the other battery in the first slot by its self and it said 98%. Using it now till it gets down to 32% then going to charge externally. So I guess my question is do I need to resolder the connection on the farthest away from board battery slot ( slot 1 and 2 are one solid 16 gauge silicon wire connecting the two for positive and one solid wire for negative too) or is this a problem with my solder to the board? Thanks guys

20160828_222331.jpg

a multi meter would help you out a lot in this situation. this is a sled/wiring problem not a board/wiring problem. since you already know the slot farthest from the board is the problem i would resolder and make sure both -/+ batt contacts are making a solid connection to that specific battery. make sure the mod will fire at the full 75 watts on each battery slot, one battery at a time, after you fix the connection issue.

Thanks chunky button so I resolder the connections on the sled for slot 2. Plugged in a battery while the sled was out of the box and it worked so slide it in the box to try it again with one battery and it didn't work. So after wiggling the battery and pulling it in and out I noticed the battery was not making contact on the negative (a hairs length can barley see it with the flashlight) on slot 2 it rest on the side of the body where the magnet is and does look like it's making a full connection and I I angle the battery it turns on kinda don't know what to do now maybe it's a bad battery sled or the box was not cut out properly. I know I need to re wrap that battery it does not work with my other battery's too. Any ideas would be great

20160830_013843.jpg

20160830_012813.jpg

Hey team so I resoldered the board changing the negative to the top and positive to the bottom thinking that would help don't know why because it still didn't work in the mod. piss off. So I slide a very thin peice of paper in between the connection to find out there was no connection and I could slide the paper in and out with ease. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I see guys with these built on here but don't know how they did it

Screenshot_20160812-025443.png

20160831_015246.jpg

20160831_015238.jpg

Are you able to pull those negative contacts out of the sled? I'm wondering if you could put a blob of solder in the center where the battery contacts. Kind of Mickey Mouse but that's what I would do. I'd use silver bearing solder preferably, the stuff for water pipes. Regular solder would work just as well I suppose, might have to clean them once in awhile.

I do have silver solder it's what I used for all the connections didn't know how hard it was to de solder it but I can pull out a negative contact on the sled I'm sure I could do it on the sled though I'd prefer not to do that but what else can I do......

Thanks dwcraig1 I thought it was going to be ghetto but it turned out really nice just filled in the hole with a small amount of silver solder and it connects like it should rotated the battery around while device is on and no problems thanks man now I can finish this build