SS 316L Not Working in Temperature Mode

txmonkey214

Hi, I decided to make the switch to Stainless 316L, and it isn't going very well. It keeps knocking itself out of TP, and going into wattage mode. I made a 4 wrap coil on a 3 mm screwdriver, .37 ohms on the meter. When I put it on my DNA 200, it goes up, and then knocks off. I tried locking the atty, and it keeps moving, regardless. I am also having problems switching materials. It crackles like an unregulated mod, until I manually switch settings, switch materials on escribe, and soft reset. I have to keep doing these, until it stops crackling.

I made a dual coil ni200 build, to see if I would have the same problems. I am not. Vapes like a champ. Luckily, it isn't having problems switching materials to nickel.

I have 1.2 sp3 loaded. I thought that was the cure. Do I also need to load a manufacturer's settings for SS 316L?

Yes, spaced. 4 winds  .37, and the reading immediately jumps higher, climbing to .54. I've reloaded sp3. Maybe it was corrupt? The problems I had changing materials seems to point to it. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. Glad it doesn't seem to effect Ni200. I don't want nickel overheating.

I also can't figure out how a locked atty without loose coil connections has an erratic ohm reading, period. I took out the coils, and replaced them with vertical nickel coils, in my Aromamizer. It's reading .07 ohms, and isn't moving up, like before. The same thing happened with my Lemo 2, and my Serpent. I have a Wismec Theorem on the way. So, I'll see if this problem persists with pre-made stainless coils. If it does, I'll download a new copy of sp3, and see if that helps.

Ground's are good, inside. Do you think that a loose component would cause a problem with stainless, but not nickel coils? I was successful in building Temp control coils in nickel, but the stainless fires, but doesn't stay in TC mode. Same Aromamizer. Different results. I can't say I duplicated the coils in both materials. The nickel has 4 more winds in both coils. I had to go vertical with the nickel, or it wouldn't fit on the tiny deck. I tried both vertical, and horizontal in stainless. Nothing. Both are 28 gauge. I still have the stainless coil in my Lemo 2. So, I'll check to see if the rip and reinstall (technically, just a reinstall, as I did not remove before reinstalling sp3) made a difference, when I get home. Thanks, Mr. Heisenberg of vaping, for the help.

I have a DNA200 and a SDNA75 and i have had a lot of problems with fluctuating ohm when using SS316L from UD.
I resently bougt a Serpent Mini and at the same time some Geekvape 316L and I do not have any problems any more with the SS316. Steady as a rock in Escribe and the vape is smoth and just as it should be.
At first when I got my SDNA75 and the new escribe software I was very disappointed, because I did not get the Vape that other users wrote about still the same crappy up and down with the SS wire, but after I use the Geekvape I really get a great stady vape.

The only prob with the SDNA75 is that it jumps out of profile when left for langer time idle.

I get a horrible dry hit when using it after its been idle for a couple af hours, but now I now why so I just change back to the profile I have on the attached tank, but other than that the 75 is also a great chip, but I changed some settings It came with Daniels settings, but some of them did not suit me.