problems with TC on my 26AWG ni wrapped with 32AWG kanthal clapton at .66 ohms

fryjc

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to get TC to activate with this coil. The temperature always reads ---F or (one time) I got it to read between 100F to 150F. I'm not quite sure how to set this up properly using escribe since I just got my DNA75 mod.Anyone have advice? It seems that the resistance varies between .66 and .89 ohms depending on the temperature. I currently am using a constant 25W since the TC isn't working.

welcome to the forum fryjc. what TCR or Coil CSV are you using for your kanthal wrapped nickel coil? you might have to go to wire wizard's coil builder and input your coil's properties to come up with a correct temp curve/TCR. if you don't know how, tell me how many wraps, inner diameter, and if it's a single or dual coil setup. i might be able to come up with a coil csv for you. 

here's the link to wire wizard. use the "coil setup" and "wire builder" just input all of your coil's properties and click on dna 200 (where it says "temp control results"). that will provide with a temp curve is csv format that you can use in escribe. 

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#

ChunkyButt200 said:

welcome to the forum fryjc. what TCR or Coil CSV are you using for your kanthal wrapped nickel coil? you might have to go to wire wizard's coil builder and input your coil's properties to come up with a correct temp curve/TCR. if you don't know how, tell me how many wraps, inner diameter, and if it's a single or dual coil setup. i might be able to come up with a coil csv for you. 

here's the link to wire wizard. use the "coil setup" and "wire builder" just input all of your coil's properties and click on dna 200 (where it says "temp control results"). that will provide with a temp curve is csv format that you can use in escribe. 

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#

Hi, Thank you for the response. I am indeed already using the the generated by steam engine. I suspect that the cold resistance is too high for the DNA to properly register the coils temperature.

fryjc said:

Hi, Thank you for the response. I am indeed already using the the generated by steam engine. I suspect that the cold resistance is too high for the DNA to properly register the coils temperature.

post a screenshot of device monitor while firing your coil. take note of the cold ohm reading first. if it is .66 you can start with a low number TCR and slowly work your way up to what the dna will regulate and is a good vape. maybe start with SS TCR (0.00092) and keep increasing that number. this is what i do when a csv curve doesn't fit the wire i'm using because there so many variations of Ti, SS, and even Ni.

i guess i should ask these questions first.......Your mod resistance isn't some crazy number or 0, right? is the atty you're using stable enough for TC? you're absolutely sure you have nickel wire? spaced coils, right? clean 510 and 510 connector on mod? 

ChunkyButt200 said:

post a screenshot of device monitor while firing your coil. take note of the cold ohm reading first. if it is .66 you can start with a low number TCR and slowly work your way up to what the dna will regulate and is a good vape. maybe start with SS TCR (0.00092) and keep increasing that number. this is what i do when a csv curve doesn't fit the wire i'm using because there so many variations of Ti, SS, and even Ni.

i guess i should ask these questions first.......Your mod resistance isn't some crazy number or 0, right? is the atty you're using stable enough for TC? you're absolutely sure you have nickel wire? spaced coils, right? clean 510 and 510 connector on mod? 

I'm using a lost vape therion DNA 75 mod with a genuine kayfun 5 for the atty so no crazy values or issues with stability. I also just cleaned everything recently. I can post the device manager readings later today.