VT75nano Mod Resistance and Thermal Settings

Baerserk

Hi folks! Im fairly new to DNA mods and got myself a VT75 nano. Since its a "newer" mod there isnt much information about settings etc. on the interwebs. I dont own a copper pin to measure the resistance but the few threads i found, were between 0.002 or 0.005 and i set it to 0.002ohm. My thermal case settings are Case Cooling 440, Case Heating 301, Case USB Charge 9.17/21.64F.

I currently have a Griffin25mini with DC ss316L clapton 26/28ga about 0.2ohm. Second is my Kayfun v5 with mtl kit and SC ss316L 26ga about 0.712ohm(cold)/0.85(live). I also loaded the ss316L TFR table from steam-engine.

I have 1s preheat (5) with 75w and 480F for high 80/20vg and 410 for 50/50vg liquids. The vape is quite cold but i dont now if i should ramp up the temp or there is something else wrong.

I'd love to read some suggestions on the mod settings an profiles and also on what builds you like.

Thank you and keep vaping!

Baerserk said:

Hi folks! Im fairly new to DNA mods and got myself a VT75 nano. Since its a "newer" mod there isnt much information about settings etc. on the interwebs. I dont own a copper pin to measure the resistance but the few threads i found, were between 0.002 or 0.005 and i set it to 0.002ohm. My thermal case settings are Case Cooling 440, Case Heating 301, Case USB Charge 9.17/21.64F.

I currently have a Griffin25mini with DC ss316L clapton 26/28ga about 0.2ohm. Second is my Kayfun v5 with mtl kit and SC ss316L 26ga about 0.712ohm(cold)/0.85(live). I also loaded the ss316L TFR table from steam-engine.

I have 1s preheat (5) with 75w and 480F for high 80/20vg and 410 for 50/50vg liquids. The vape is quite cold but i dont now if i should ramp up the temp or there is something else wrong.

I'd love to read some suggestions on the mod settings an profiles and also on what builds you like.

Thank you and keep vaping!

You can move the temp up. I run SS 316l around 470F to 530F. Just depends on what my builds ohm out at. If it's too cool at 480, try 500, then 520 until you get it to your liking.

The resistance is high for a DNA 75, because of the 6.2 V output limit you will only get 54 W at 0.79 ohm (P = VxV / R).  Your are probably not hitting that, just a heads up, but I would check in device monitor to see if it is temp limiting or needing more power.  Also Claptons suffer from hot spots more than standard coils, which could cause the temp limit to trigger early.

The resistance is high for a DNA 75, because of the 6.2 V output limit you will only get 54 W at 0.79 ohm (P = VxV / R).  Your are probably not hitting that, just a heads up, but I would check in device monitor to see if it is temp limiting or needing more power.  Also Claptons suffer from hot spots more than standard coils, which could cause the temp limit to trigger early.

Thanks for the replys!

Kayfun5 - SC ss316L 26ga about 0.712ohm(cold)/0.85(live):
Now tastes great with 250C. Funny what 30C can make a huge difference. The temp has been reached very fast and was steady about 15w-20w. I'll try with 28ga aiming at .3ohm but im not sure because Svoemesto recommends .5ohm at minimum.

Griffin25mini - DC ss316L clapton 26/28ga about 0.2ohm:
I dont use them in TC. Honestly i dont even tried it. I read somewhere that the claptons arent very good for TC. I fire them about 70w, but in my opinion the nano isnt the right device for it. Honestly i dont see any difference to a SC setup so i will go back to it.