Self destruction?

azd2

Hi all,

until yesterday evening i was quite happy with my DNA200.
When i went to bed i connected an usb charger for loading it overnight as every night since more than a year.
This morning i woke up and noticed it didn't work.
I opened it to have a look and noticed a weird smell. So i took out the battery and this is the state the board was in. Any idea what might have caused that (Box is 3dprinted, so chances of a short are low...)?
Going to buy a new DNA200, but i definitely dont want this to happen that again....

20160916_090126.jpg

Ive shorted and burned up a componant myselfe and the insident has been just as isolated to the single componant as yours.. on mine a small fragment of loose wire clipping had fallen across the connector tabs of the componant,, shorting it and burned it up, the fuse wont protect you from that, nore will the material of the box.

azd2 said:

Hi all,

until yesterday evening i was quite happy with my DNA200.
When i went to bed i connected an usb charger for loading it overnight as every night since more than a year.
This morning i woke up and noticed it didn't work.
I opened it to have a look and noticed a weird smell. So i took out the battery and this is the state the board was in. Any idea what might have caused that (Box is 3dprinted, so chances of a short are low...)?
Going to buy a new DNA200, but i definitely dont want this to happen that again....

there should be two small ceramic capacitors there. it looks like they went all "Chernobyl" on you and shorted themselves to obivion. email evolv, open a help ticket. if you can desolder the board, you ask them if you send in the old board, would they send a new one out to you. worth a shot.

here's the link........

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add