Charging but draining power

omc-opie

battery looks balanced. you're charging at 1 amp.....that looks ok. you're running current firmware....so that's not it. what do you mean when you say power is being drained? does the battery slowly drain itself when not firing the device or plugged in to charge?  describe the problem with your device in detail. 

omc-opie said:

When its on charge the 3 cells are being drained. For instance they go from 3.67v and count down so like 3.66, 3.65 and so on.

ok i understand now. sounds like a problem with the board. whether it be eliquid on the board around the usb section or damaged components. is the device still under warranty? i would contact the vendor first. if they fail to help you then open a help ticket with evolv from their website. 

did your panzer always charge at 1 one amp when connected to escribe? the dna is supposed to limit its current draw to .5 amps when connected to a computer. first time i've seen that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I bought my second Panzer Box DNA200 from Gearbest with serial VBNGZARWGKVZ of the DNA board.

With this second one i have a problem with the board. It doesn`t charging.

My first Panzer box came with original Lipo but this second one has a Fullymax 1500mah 3S 20C Lipo.

When it arrived, the battery was drained, i tried to charge but nothing. I changed with another Lipo and it doesn`t charge. After that i charged that Lipo on a Lipo charger and is OK now. All my Lipo batteries are OK now.

I connected on Escribe and on my laptop USB it shows 0.95A charging but the voltage it is the same. I changed a lot of USB cable, i tried USB recovery charge .... Still the same.... The 3 battery voltage has not increased.

I can charge my Lipo batteries only with other DNA board or Lipo chargers.

I`m attaching you some photos with the board, Lipo and Escribe device monitor where it shows that is charging 0.95A from a laptop USB (where it should be max 0.5A)

Please help me.
Thank you.

panzer_box_defect_9.95v_dupa_trecere_la_escribe.png  IMG_6584.jpg  IMG_6584.jpg  2016-07-14_21.27.43.jpg  2016-07-14_23.35.43.jpg  2016-07-14_23.35.59.jpg 

RedLabel said:

I`m attaching you some photos with the board, Lipo and Escribe device monitor where it shows that is charging 0.95A from a laptop USB (where it should be max 0.5A)

What is selected for a battery type under the Mod (tab)? Is Lithium Polymer selected and 3 cells?

Well there are soft reset and hard reset to try. Although I don't think they will help one bit. As removing the lipo should do this anyway. Then there is reloading the firmware in case the one on the DNA200 had been corrupted for some reason. Otherwise then it is down to contacting Gearbest or Evolv. As it really sounds like it is a board failure.

I tried with 2cell Lipo... nothing... it shows 0.93 A from laptop USB ...and the 3 battery voltage does not increased .... 

I figured that near USB on the board is a very hot small area .... only on one side... Lipo was disconected...you have some photos with that area on my board.

1. Do you think that an electrician can repair this board?
2. Can i change this board with another dna200 from a Hcigar Vt133 where i`m charging batteries on an external charger and put there this dna200 wich fails to charge Lipo IMG_66001.jpg  IMG_65991.jpg  IMG_6601.jpg  ?

Well I wouldn't have switched it to two cell and especially tried to charge a three cell lipo.

Can an electrician repair this board? Not likely.

Yes you can swap the DNA boards between the VT133 and this one. Although now you are going to have problems with the VT133. Probably one cell might drain faster than the other.

:((

I can not throw it in the trash that Dna board....only because it can`t charge ... it doesn`t seems to drains cells different on my li-po .... 

I opened VT133 and it is very tight inside than Panzer box.... it has a separate board for 18650 conection .... IMG_6589.jpg  IMG_6590.jpg  IMG_6592.jpg  IMG_6593.jpg 

Yes I know, I have five VT133 myself. That extra board is for reverse battery protection. It would be totally useless on the Panzer. So you only need the DNA200 board itself. But the bad board I would contact Gearbest or Evolv and get it repaired or replaced. But will it work fine in the VT133? It probably would. And wow! That is a cool serial number on the VT133.

• 1 month later...