Remote Button Wiring Confusion

Luke49783

I've got a DNA 75 mod that I purchased that arrived partially not working.  Spoke with the modder, replacement on the way, all good there.  He said not to bother returning the broken unit to him, so I'm attempting to fix it.  The mod uses remote buttons and the down button isn't working, so it seems like it should be an easy fix.

The issue is, I'm getting/finding conflicting information on which pins go with which buttons.  The pinout in the data sheet on the Evolv site lists the pin names for pins 3/4 as Up -/+ and for pins 5/6 as down +/-.  The function description for these pins shows the opposite (3/4 as down, 5/6 as up).  I contacted Evolv about this and they stated that they'd fix the data sheet and that 3/4 are down and 5/6 are up.

Looking at the board (as well as pictures of a DNA 200 board) pins 3 and 4 are marked with a "D" and 5 and 6 are marked with a "U".  The DNA 200 data sheet lists 3/4 as up and 5/6 as down.  

I'm inclined to believe that the board is marked incorrectly and that 3/4 are up and 5/6 are down since it's the down button in my mod that isn't working and I found that pin 6 isn't populated.

Can anyone confirm that 3/4 is up and 5/6 is down?

Luke49783 said:

I assume there are two wires connected to the down button, I haven't gone as far as pulling the board out to check (not sure I want to).  Pin 5 is connected, pin 6 isn't.  If there are two wires connected to the down button, I'm not sure where the other one goes.

Auxiliary buttons require 2 wires thus if pin 6 has no wire connected one can suggest that is your issue since the up button works and the down button does not.

There are 6 pins.  2 are for the fire button, 2 are for the up button, and 2 for the down button.  If the fire button works then those 2 pins are correct. If the up button raises the setting then those 2 pins are correct. That leaves 2 pins which would be for the down button.  If one has no connection the down function won't work.  

You need to trace each wire down and see where they connect to pins 1 thru 6.  It is also possible, since you haven't opened it up that pin 6 is connected and you could have a bad button also.