Vaporshark DNA133 dissasembly

Hi all, My first post here and of course I am the one for a difficult question lol
 So my 133 has been trust and true for a few months now and about 2 weeks ago my original Glacier RDA center post insulator finally decided to go out, causing a large amount of e-liquid to leak through my 510 and down onto the board and screen. I have fixed the center pin on the rda but i fear that the liquid is leaked down into the device due to a screen malfunction the past 2 mornings. 
 Does anyone have any insight as exactly how to remove the chip/battery sled?
 Thanks in advance!

Wayneo said:

Not wanting to sound funny, but the Vaporshark DNA133 does have the DNA200 board in it.

It does, however removal of the sled/chip assembly would have to be different due to the placement of the sled and the way the battery door opens. I had all 3 of the chip cover screws out and the single screw that attaches the top of the sled to the body and was able to wiggle the sled/chip assembly up on the cip side but the left side of the sled just wouldn't budge. I didn't want to break the sled just to remove the sled/chip assembly.

can't say for sure but VS has been known for using double sided tape when holding things together. my VS rDNA 40 has some and it's holds like cement. i would just contact VS customer service. just explain the screen acting up, nothing more. is your device still within the 4 month warranty? either way their CS is top notch and most likely will cover any problems. they have been nothing but helpful when my VS DNA 200 had to be sent in twice.

ChunkyButt200 said:

can't say for sure but VS has been known for using double sided tape when holding things together. my VS rDNA 40 has some and it's holds like cement. i would just contact VS customer service. just explain the screen acting up, nothing more. is your device still within the 4 month warranty? either way their CS is top notch and most likely will cover any problems. they have been nothing but helpful when my VS DNA 200 had to be sent in twice.

That's what I thought, Yeah the device was purchased about 2 months ago so i'm pretty sure that I am still within my warranty. I just didn't want to have to send it off and be without it while they were servicing it. It looks like I may have to go that route though. 

Boobaru03 said:

That's what I thought, Yeah the device was purchased about 2 months ago so i'm pretty sure that I am still within my warranty. I just didn't want to have to send it off and be without it while they were servicing it. It looks like I may have to go that route though. 

better to be safe than sorry. no point in breaking the sled or whatever is stuck and giving you a problem getting the device apart and voiding your warranty. from the time you send it in the mail it'll take about 2 weeks, give or take a few days, to receive the device back. that has been my experience. perfect time to show some unused/forgotten mods some love!