New Triade 250, Samsung 25Rs, battery stopped charging at 79%

Ethrem

Okay so this is a weird one. I left my batteries in and used a 2A charger but I noticed it was trickling down to .10 a few minutes ago so I hooked it up to the computer. It was reporting that all three cells were at 4.2v but with 21.7Wh instead of 27 and a charge level of 79%. I did a soft reboot and it said the same thing so I went in and just hit upload settings and it came back saying 27Wh and 100%, what happened here? Are the batteries bad or was it a bug? I find it hard to believe that the batteries are bad after their first charge lasted a whopping 38 hours and over 20mL of juice! I plugged the right settings into eScribe, 2500mAh, 3 cells, 10.8v and used the LiPo option so I am trying to figure out what's going on. These are brand new batteries, it was their first charge. I have my cut off at 2.6v instead of 2.5v as speced and they still had probably 10% left in them when I plugged the device in this morning so they weren't over-discharged. I'm running SP4 firmware.

I don't know what the hardware cell cut off on the DNA250 board is, I have asked but not got an answer yet. On the DNA200 board the hardware cut off is 2.85 volts, this is under load.
The board is intended to be generally powered by a lipo pack so the cell cut off is higher than it would be for 18650's. I wouldn't be surprised if the hard cell cut off is the same on both boards. My estimate for your watt hours is 23 - 24. 
For a DNA200 board powered by 18650's I use 2.9 volts soft cell cut off and 3.09 with lipo. 
Running Battery Analyzer will give you the proper figures if you wish to do so. 

dwcraig1 said:

I don't know what the hardware cell cut off on the DNA250 board is, I have asked but not got an answer yet. On the DNA200 board the hardware cut off is 2.85 volts, this is under load.
The board is intended to be generally powered by a lipo pack so the cell cut off is higher than it would be for 18650's. I wouldn't be surprised if the hard cell cut off is the same on both boards. My estimate for your watt hours is 23 - 24. 
For a DNA200 board powered by 18650's I use 2.9 volts soft cell cut off and 3.09 with lipo. 
Running Battery Analyzer will give you the proper figures if you wish to do so. 

Unfortunately running battery analyzer isn't an option for me right now, I don't have an RDA I can just stick a wire on and run it down with, just my prebuilts for my Cleito and Crown which would probably catch fire. So even though it lets you set a lower cut off in escribe, it doesn't actually work in effect? Someone told me not to use LiPo for 18650s due to the different discharge curves but I read on here to use LiPo anyway so now I'm totally confused. It would be great to get some clarification on all of this. It won't be another two days til I have to charge these again so I guess I'll find out. My understanding is the 250 has been optimized for both LiPo and 18650s so I would hope they would have fixed the cut off for 18650s as well.

The confusion may come from the DNA 75 having an 18650 and a LiPo setting, but for the 200 and 250 you need LiPo for the battery type.  The battery type is mainly for the charge characteristics, both LiPos and 18650s etc charge to 4.2 V.   The discharge curve is for the battery meter and while not necessary nor causing no damage not having one for your batteries you will get a more accurate battery metre.

VapingBad said:

The confusion may come from the DNA 75 having an 18650 and a LiPo setting, but for the 200 and 250 you need LiPo for the battery type.  The battery type is mainly for the charge characteristics, both LiPos and 18650s etc charge to 4.2 V.   The discharge curve is for the battery meter and while not necessary nor causing no damage not having one for your batteries you will get a more accurate battery metre.

Are there any of these battery curves posted anywhere? 25rs are pretty common after all. I mean the battery meter certainly seems to be accurate enough but I also didn't run it to 0 so it could indeed be off a bit. I noticed that escribe actually changed my 2.6v to 2.59v before uploading it to the mod so I'm wondering if the 250 does indeed support a lower cut off than the 200. I can't see why else it would change that otherwise. Either way I'm getting fantastic battery. I'm used to my 3300mAh LiPo TC100s and they usually need to be charged after 16 hours of much lighter use than the DNA got so to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly is all.