1300 mah 3s lipo battery ?

siebert.brian

I was not given a weak battery warning . After a puff it went from before having a little bar to nothing . Next stated check battery , so i plugged it up to charger . The battery percentage read 0% . Did i just ruin this lipo ? I have the settings on escribe set to maximum recharges , so I am confused. No weak battery warning , reads 0 % when first plugged into charger ? Please help if you can. I figured I'd see the weak battery like i seen when using the 18650 sled , but didn't and also since i have it set to maximum recharges not puffs it would help? Why no weak battery warning and did i ruin the lipo by going to 0% ?

Weak battery warning is based off of the voltage of the packs. Battery percentage and battery bar are based off of calculated estimates of the watt-hours. You didn't ruin the pack by going to 0%

18650s have more voltage drop than lipos. That is why you are seeing the weak battery message with those. It is important to set the proper Wh Capacity and Cell Soft Cutoff in Escribe for the particular configuration that you are using. 

Maximum recharges sets the charge voltage to 4.1 volts vs 4.2 volts for maximum puffs. 

Spirometry said:

Weak battery warning is based off of the voltage of the packs. Battery percentage and battery bar are based off of calculated estimates of the watt-hours. You didn't ruin the pack by going to 0%

18650s have more voltage drop than lipos. That is why you are seeing the weak battery message with those. It is important to set the proper Wh Capacity and Cell Soft Cutoff in Escribe for the particular configuration that you are using. 

Maximum recharges sets the charge voltage to 4.1 volts vs 4.2 volts for maximum puffs. 

So you understand when i hooked up the charger it started at 0% . I dont know what happened 1 second like a quarter bar then nothing . I was paying close attention too , one hit then nothing. And you are saying the lipo isn't ruined ? I hate to ask this stuff. I did research but couldn't find what i wanted to know . I guess i will just see what happens. I may have to reboot the device. I went into escribe and changed the soft cell cutoff to 3.09 it was 2.8 , that's what it was factory setting wise .

Continuously discharging a lipo to 2.8v could shorten the life of the pack. Considering that you said that you have never received a weak battery warning, yours didn't go that low. However there is no telling if you got it below 3v. The default CSV for lithium polymer has 0% @ 3.10v
So if you stopped vaping at 0% and didn't continue past that, I doubt you did any harm. 

I would use device monitor to track the 3 cell voltages under load. if you see a bad imbalance, then toss the pack.

I'm not sure why you saw the battery meter take a big drop. Possibly you have the wrong Wh setting.   

• 1 month later...