DNA 75 Therion & Box75 (both with the same Problem)

mikode

hi mikode.... if the dna does not sense a rise in resistance, while firing, within a set amount of time (1 second) it will kick you out of temp control. make sure you have 316L selected as the coil material in the mod. make sure your connections are secure (atomizer, coil wires, spaced coils). what brand of SS316L? what atomizer? "mod resistance" set correctly? post a screenshot of device monitor while firing the atomizer in temp mode (SS316L). make sure these boxes are selected

options_ticked.png

1st, Thank u for your Reply ChunkyButt200...
as I told ya...SS316L
Set the Power down on 15 Watts
the temp on 210 Celsius (400 F)
just a questionmark on the place where the temp should be
tried everything
and the angerfaktor is impossible high :(

IMG_20161001_182449.jpg

IMG_20161001_182306.jpg

IMG_20161001_182026.jpg

I don't want to tell you what settings to use, but will offer that I am using 316L in a DNA200 at a power of 40 watts and temperature set at 520F, ~270C, in a dual coil Aromamizer, say 20 watts per coil.  It is possible that you are not applying enough power for the DNA to see a change in resistance.  What Chunky was looking for was the graph generated in device monitor as the device is fired.  That will show the live resistance of your coil as it heats.

I would also suggest trying various powers and temperatures to see what gives you the vape that you like.

Make sure also that you have the correct ss316L csv. My therion was with incorrect profiles. Said 316L but was just in name.
To be sure try this ones i put here. One is a profile (jaquithv7 - I use this one with ss316L), and other is the csv from steamengine.

Let us know if it solved :)

DNA200-SS_316L__Elite-SteamEngine.c

DNA200-SS_316L__Elite-SteamEngine.csv

Glad it solved the issue :)
About the csv's, you can get pretty much any material from steamengine.
About that UD csv, i got here in the forum, dont remember the thread. It is from Jaquith. He developed great csv's for SS
When i test a csv that works, i usually keep it and later share with people here in the forum who may have problems like yours.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem with mikode. I try everything is wrote in this topic and....... NOTHING. Is there a problem on my DNA 75 board? Can someone give me a help  please. I love my Therion but if I can't use it on temperature control I maybe send it to the garbage  

Thank both yossef and Vaping Bad. I try everything. Tight or untight the post screws, the central screw, rta with non adjustadle (OBS engine), try variable types of wires  (SS316L 32ga UD, Alien SS 316L, Clapton SS 316 UD) and when I hit the fire button the mod writes 33335 and then OFF or TEMPERATURE PROTECTION, or 476 C or 800 F and then TEMPERATURE PROTECTION. All these happens only on SS wires. When I put Ni200 the mod works correctly

Temperature protection message is not anything to worry about, it is just an info message that you have gone past temp and you can turn it off in EScribe.   If it works with Ni it is probably the wire, connections or the coil build.  If it is too hot then the cold res reading could be too high, but as long as you do not lock resistance the mod should be able to compensate for that after idling of 10 or more minutes. Claptons can suffer from hot spots so are going to be the hardest types of coils to track down an issue with,

If you're having problems with the device going out of TC mode and you are 100% sure you have the right settings in Escribe (316L stainless steel profile downloaded from Steam Engine, imported and set to a profile in Escribe; uploaded, and activated as a profile on your device) you might want to contact the retailer. 

I'm currently using 316L without any problems on my DNA 75 chip.