Fire button LED. - Yet another question.

Kiev252

I tried to look everywhere but was unable to find an answer.
I just bought SMY 75W mod and the LED only partially covers the fire button. Only about the quarter the size and positioned at the lower part of the button. Not a big deal of course. But I have seen the video someone posted on youtube where the power button is fully lit. I am able to change colors but not the size. It just looks a little weird. Thanks in advance.

Kiev252 said:

This may not be the best picture, but that fire button is fully illuminated. To give you an idea, the button is kind of divided into 4 slices. On mine, only one slice is illuminated.

honestly, to me, that button looks like the led is brightest in the bottom quarter of that fire button and fades out to the  remaining top three surrounding quarters. don't forget, some colors will be brighter than others making it appear as if the button is fully lit with brighter colors and dimmer with other colors. i bet if you switch your led to white it'll light up a good portion of your fire button like in daniel's video.

Kiev252 said:

The video is the example of the fire button that i thought to be normal illumination. I understand that chunkybutt has the same LED as mine. No big deal, i just thought there was a solution to make fire button all lit.

no real solution unless you diffuse the light and spread it all around the entire button like hotcig did. it's hard with one led. the vaporshark boards use two set diagonally that look good. however there is only one dim red led for charging indication that looks........dim (this is the VS dna 200 board) .

• 2 months later...

That looks pretty normal and is caused because there is only 1 LED installed on the DNA 75 board by default (below the fire button as you can observe in the pictures).

To make this fully illuminated you either need to introduce a second LED or a very well done and smart diffuser that manages to spread the light evenly to the top.