Battery % issue

Kratos

The last days my Triade DNA 200 has been going crazy on the battery %.

It constantly changes and does not even charge correctly, it stops when it thinks it is at 100% but it's not even 50% (my OPUS broke down so I have been charging it from the usb port for the last month or so, never noticed any issues with the voltage of my batteries, checked almost every day)

I have 3 lg hg2's in it who are supposedly new (2 months old) and the right .cvc for them
Tried different .cvc's from other sites, the problem keeps coming up

Reseted the whole device, problem keeps coming up

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else before?

Kratos said:

The last days my Triade DNA 200 has been going crazy on the battery %.

It constantly changes and does not even charge correctly, it stops when it thinks it is at 100% but it's not even 50% (my OPUS broke down so I have been charging it from the usb port for the last month or so, never noticed any issues with the voltage of my batteries, checked almost every day)

I have 3 lg hg2's in it who are supposedly new (2 months old) and the right .cvc for them
Tried different .cvc's from other sites, the problem keeps coming up

Reseted the whole device, problem keeps coming up

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else before?

what are your battery settings in EScribe? post a screenshot of them. 3 lg hg2's would be 33.3 watt hours (closer to 28-30 watt hours in reality). obviously, make sure you have the fields set to "lithium polymer" for battery type. "3 cell" (because it's 3S). for your "cell soft cutoff" i would input a cutoff of 3 volts. i would also set the charging mode to "maximize puffs", this option charges your batts to 4.2v.

here's my curve for a set of 3 LG HG2's >>>>>> txt LG HG2 28.39 WH.csv.txt (remove the "txt" part to use with EScribe.)

The settings were as you said they should be, cvc was the same I've been using. But for some reason the watt hours were set to 9... I had it set to 33.3 by a friend when I got the device, have no idea how it changed.

Thanks for this, if this isn't the problem I will post my settings

for strictly testing limits, oddly, EScribe will let me input and "appear" to upload 2 volts as a "cell soft cutoff" setting for a DNA 200, i tried to input 1 volt and upload it but EScribe changed it 2. i know for a fact the board cannot operate at 2 volts, more likely closer to the dna 75 (Hrd Ctff 2.5v). with the 2 volt CSC uploaded to the device, when i press download settings immediately after the upload, the CSC field does not change to a different value, it stays at 2 v.

for lipo's i use 3 volts as a CSC and for 18650's i use 2.65 and 2.8 volts on the DNA 75 and DNA 133/200/250, respectively.