DNA75 (VS SwitchBox) isn't reaching 100% battery, can't run battery analyzer

Lmontgo2

So I'm having virtually no problems with this mod and am really enjoying it. However, when plugged in via USB, the mod tops out at 99% charge (virtually brand new Sony VTC5). Problem being, when it stops at 99, my light doesn't turn from red to green like I have set up in escribe, and the lightning bolt symbol on the battery indicator doesn't disappear. When plugged into escribe at "99%", the device monitor shows a nearly completely flat signal for the charging voltage which I assume means that it isn't charging anymore. However, like previously mentioned, the lightning bolt doesn't disappear and the battery analyzer cannot be run, stating "waiting for mod to fully charge". I have just uploaded the CSV file for a Sony VTC5 and the mod is currently at 94% plugged in. Any suggestions if it still doesn't reach 100%/green light/no lightning bolt?

EDIT: I have gotten the device to display 100%. However, the charging light is staying red (supposed to turn green at 100% as set in escribe) and the lightning bolt symbol remains

My VS Switchbox DNA75 has always charged to 99% and occasionally to 100% and the red LED turns green at 99% and occasionally when it reaches 100%.  I didn't think much about this as the Switchbox is said to have a 2 amp "Zip Charging circuit" by VS.  I read your post and never had the need to run Battery Analyzer on this device so I gave it a shot.  The analyzer said it was waiting for full charge and the battery was charging until it reached 99% at which time the charging rate dropped to zero, the LED turned green, and the charging bolt no longer was displayed. The analyzer said it was still waiting for full charge even as the device was no longer charging. I stopped the analyzer at that point.

I wonder if the spec's for the cut-off charge threshold of the zip charger, or the battery .csv, is preventing the analyzer from reaching, and the device from providing, the necessary voltage that it desires as a "full charge reading"? My device is using the default VS .ecig file with only a few profiles changed so the Mod setting are all default VS settings.

I have inquired of Vaporshark.

EDIT:  All of my other DNA75's reach 100% charge and the Battery Analyzer runs fine with them. This may be a Vaporshark zip charger specific occurrence I'm thinkin'.

In Battery Analyzer as you run it you should see real time voltage and an indication of whether it is charging toward the top of the analyzer screen and you should see a charge rate toward the bottom of the screen. If the charge rate is zero then it is not currently charging.

Untitled.png 

UPDATE:  The charge rate dropped to zero and after a short period the message said it was waiting for voltage to settle and then the analyzer started doing it's job.  Here is the screen showing the first firing of the device.  So, the analyzer works with the Switchbox 75.

Untitled.png 

Even at a flat 4.18, the charge current isn't dropping below .450. Im pretty certain their may be a charging issue with this device. If the light stays red and the lightning bolt present, I just don't feel safe charging this with USB. which is honestly BS considering I bought it with hopes of using a USB to charge. I guess I'll either have to replace it or just have 2 batteries for it. 

You may just consider slowing down, cooling off, and let the Battery Analyzer have time to work. You need to determine if Battery Analyzer will work with your device. If the charge rate doesn't drop to zero then there may be a charging issue or something causing the battery not to completely charge.  We can move to the led issue after that but if you feel there is an issue with the charging you should contact Vaporshark and explain your situation and let them respond to your concerns.  

I really have been trying to help you thru this but if you are convinced the device is unsafe then communicate that to Vaporshark.  They have a warranty and provide repair services also.

You have been immensley helpful, I apologize if the last post came across as ungrateful. Just a little frustrated is all. But, update. The battery analyzer did work, the charge did drop to 0 and the green light came on while plugged into my computer. However, I then removed the device from my computer, attached it to my trusty external USB charging cable, and the light continues to remain red even after about 15 minutes at 100%. Any ideas?

Thanks for the patience and the suggestions. This is embarrassing but I plugged it back in via outside of the computer (after getting the green light three times through escribe), it took 10 plus minutes but it eventually turned green. I guess I wasn't giving it enough time to do its thing. Just got this device yesterday, I own a DNA200 but this is my first experience with the 75. Thanks again.  

Enjoy.... our discussion and outcome may be beneficial to others along the way so no need to feel embarrassed.

The charge rate reduces as the battery reaches full charge so at the reduced rate it takes a while for the green light.... 

DNA's have always required a learning curve for the end users.  :thumb: