Persistent "Check Battery" Error on Lost Vape Triad DNA 200

donnyb99

I've got a Lost Vape Triad DNA 200 mod. I set it up properly in escribe when I first got it. I've got two married sets of LG HG2's that I swap into the unit.
Today, after a routine battery swap, I noticed I got the "Check Battery" message on the device. I tried to fiddle with the batteries a little to see if one wasn't making the connection but this didn't work.

I plugged into escribe and have attached the reading I got.

Cell 1: 3.13V
Cell 2: 1.67V
Cell 3: 2.13V

I know for a fact that each of these batteries is fully charged and reading at between 4.18V and 4.2V.

After they were fully charged, I tested my other set of LG HG2s in the device and was met with the same result.

Can someone shed some light on this? Is my device toast? I've had it for less than a year so that would really be a bummer.

escribe.png

donnyb99 said:

I've got a Lost Vape Triad DNA 200 mod. I set it up properly in escribe when I first got it. I've got two married sets of LG HG2's that I swap into the unit.
Today, after a routine battery swap, I noticed I got the "Check Battery" message on the device. I tried to fiddle with the batteries a little to see if one wasn't making the connection but this didn't work.

I plugged into escribe and have attached the reading I got.

Cell 1: 3.13V
Cell 2: 1.67V
Cell 3: 2.13V

I know for a fact that each of these batteries is fully charged and reading at between 4.18V and 4.2V.

After they were fully charged, I tested my other set of LG HG2s in the device and was met with the same result.

Can someone shed some light on this? Is my device toast? I've had it for less than a year so that would really be a bummer.

I would open a help ticket with evolv. Sounds to me like either a poor connection or the board. Link is in my footer.

Mikathebastard said:

I had the same thing happen.  Evolv told me that they won't look at it and to contact Lost Vape.  I am waiting to hear back from them at this point, but Evolv flat out refused to look at it.  

Let us know what Lost Vapes says or does. After all they made the device....

So I fixed this problem. I took apart the mid, desired desoldered the batter sled from the board to remove it. There was a solder joint at one of the battery terminals on the sled that has become disconnected so I resoldered the joint. Everything works great now