DNA 250 (Therion 166 Mod) Display Problems

Hello there everyone. Im quite new here. Actually, the Therion 166 is my first DNA Mod. I've been using TC for quite sometime now, specifically UD SS316L wire with other mods that have adjustable TCR values. I can say that I was quite satisfied with it. I opted to get the Therion to have a "more accurate" TC vaping experience.

So on to my problem. Using eScribe, I created a new material, using TCR value instead of the CSV from Steam Engine. Used this material in one of my profiles and uploaded it to the Therion 166. It vapes great, with flavor and clouds, just like in my other non DNA mod. The problem is, the Temperature reading does not function properly - instead of having the temperature reading when the mod is fired, it just displays "OFF". More often than not, it will work as it should (showing the temperature reading when the mod is fired) but only for a few seconds after disconnecting the Therion from the PC. After that, it returns to the OFF display. 

Also, I cant seem to change the 3 display details beside the battery (OHM, Volts, Amp). Every time I try and change these three display items in eScribe, after uploding, the mod still shows the previous items. Anyone can shed light on this? It quite annoying. haha

Thanks in advance!

black lace said:

Your second paragraph, what ive done when i cant get device monitor to show temp in real time is disconnect the mod and check coil is secuerly clamped and also strumed it with a small screwdriver, ,, For all your info well described you dont say what atomiser your using.??

Will check it now. By the way I'm using Smok TFV4 and TFV4 Mini atomizers.

I have several of the Smok TFV atty's & have found that because of the floating pin in the base, it will cause lots of problems with the DNA devices, because of fluctuating resistance. Non DNA devices are not as sensitive to the resistance, but because of the refinement of the DNA chip, a slight variance in the resistance can cause the chip to think that a non-TC wire is being used, hence causing the device to show 'OFF' & drop into power mode.

I got a new tank, Serpent Mini 25. Built a UD SS 316L wire. 7loops, spaced coil. Reading was around 0.31 ohm. Tried to make a custom wire by TCR value, same result - the temperature does not have a read-out, it just states "OFF". Went to steam engine and tried to generate a new material for the said wire. Uploaded it on to my mod via eScribe and tried it. Voila, the display items were displayed as I've set it on eScribe and the temperature read out works as it should. Now vaping at 35W, 350F with the pre-heat set to 40W, 5 pre-heat punch at 0.25secs. The only problem is that, the curve, compared to what I ideally wanted was quite lower than that of the curve using TCR value, thus, flavor was a bit less. Is this problem being caused by creating a material with just the TCR value? 

Also, using the Analyze Atomizer feature in eScribe, do you guys get a constant resistance reading with the mod and atomizer reading? Or does your reading fluctuate? Both the TFV4 and Serpent Mini 25, when analyzed in eScribe shows fluctuating resistance (even without unscrewing it just a bit from the mod). Is this normal? It says that the resistance should be constant. 

Thanks!

Hi, I don't use TCR values, but use .csv files. What TCR value are you using for 316L? I have seen the TCR for 316L listed anywhere from .00088 to .00105. I do believe that UD claims that the TCR for their 316L wire is .00094. The .csv file from Steam Engine works good for me on my Therion 166.

You should have a stable resistance in the analyzer with your atomizer attached & screwed down snug. Have you doubled checked all your screws & connections on your deck? What is you Mod Resistance set at in the 'Mod' tab? Make sure the threads on the 510 connector on the mod are clean...best to wipe down with a cotton swab wet with Iso Prop Alcohol.

I use values within that range - 0.00088 - 0.00105, depending on what kind of SS wire. For UD, I normally use 0.00088. Beyond that value, I get dry hits before the TC kicks in. But this was with non DNA mods I have. I tried to check the connection and tightened the screws earlier. Its vaping almost the same as with the non DNA mods now.

The varying resistance is quite normal for my TFV4 as it is an old atty I have for around a year now. But for the Serpent Mini 25, its kinda strange since I just got that atty the other night and the mod a day earlier. The mod resistance is 0.004 which I think is just about right. 

Thanks!

Have you tested to find your internal mod resistance? It might not sound like much, but a milliohm or 2 can make a major difference with the DNA devices when it comes to TC. So, it is very important to get an accurate reading on the internal resistance of your device. Even devices of the same model, manufacturer, etc... will have different internal resistances. My Therion 166 is set at .006...the highest of any of my devices.
As for your resistance fluctuation, when you run a mod resistance test...no atomizer attached, you will see if the problem is on the mod side or atomizer side!